Vandalized

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I moved two years ago from my tiny little hovel into the big city. I visit the cottage in the woods about once per month to get stuff I need or to see that the house is still standing.

Some kids boosted the back door and made off with a compound bow, recurve bow, my Dungeons and Dragons painted figurines. Then they trashed the place. turned my PC desk over, ransacked stuff and attempted to steal my 4 x 5 film enlarger. The only thing of value was my Grandmother's chest of drawers and dresser and fortunately they didn't damage that.

Had a chat with the neighbors and the Sheriff and we all figured it was kids from what was done and taken.

Good thing I had moved everything of value out except for the two pieces of furniture. And there were not critters in the house tearing up stuff further.

I was going to dump all the stuff anyway. The ultimate removal of several years of packrat stuff. Now it's a mess. :mad:

PS: no flashlights were harmed. They are all at the new house.

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
Man that stinks

Look at getting a wired alarm, and if you want to spend the "$$" "with keys" - which means the alarm company will respond to an alarm - if not, they just call the police

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Problem is that place is 30-45 minutes away from the nearest LEO. I don't even have cell coverage there. An alarm would be good for knowing something happened but I don't plan on having stuff there much longer to encourage stealing.

aussiebob

Enlightened
Sorry to hear this, the low life *******s. Karma will catch up to them.

I know what it feels like to have your house broken into and worring about what was taken.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, sounds like a bunch of teenagers with nothing better to do. There used to be a bunch of them like that where I used to work.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
it's a shame that boobytraps are illegal. Otherwise some well lit and posted signs that clearly warn wanna-be-vandals so they would stay away.

in this situation you are at a lose-lose proposition. The cops are too far away and if you attempt to do anything the law will punish you much more harshly than the low life scumbags.

Best of luck to you, hopefully the law will catch up to these scum one day.