5 and 6 cell mag bulbs?

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where are some of the best places to pick up 5 and 6 cell maglite bulbs? They don't seem to be stocked in b&m stores, for the most part.

Also, since it puts out less light for less time, would the krypton bulb offer any shock resistance beyond the magnum star xenon? I ask cuz I'm about to build a NiMH battery pack for an older german-spec dyno bike light, and the stock 2.4W bulb isn't going to cut it ;)

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where are some of the best places to pick up 5 and 6 cell maglite bulbs? They don't seem to be stocked in b&m stores, for the most part.

Also, since it puts out less light for less time, would the krypton bulb offer any shock resistance beyond the magnum star xenon? I ask cuz I'm about to build a NiMH battery pack for an older german-spec dyno bike light, and the stock 2.4W bulb isn't going to cut it ;)

Hello Buck,

I have never seen the 5, and 6 cell mag brand bulbs at a store. I always orderd the xenons of the web (which I much prefer). If you want you could go to Radio Shack and look in the tresurebox of drawers they have available. I have purchased 6volt house brand krypton bulbs there for like 1.50$ or so. 5 or even 6 nimh cells will probably be fine for this bulb provided you let the pack cool before use.