I handled a Surefire U2 today. Nice light.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I liked the collar mechanism for adjusting brightness.

It's too big for my uses, but it's a pretty nice light.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
....and wait, and wait some more. :) I can't wait to see beam shots of the UA2. I want to see how it looks from spot to fllood.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
for a rather old light, they are still pretty good
mine is still my first choice for checking on bumps in the night
really want a UB2, or to get mine U2x2d by milky - just cant afford it at the moment, and the ub2 hasnt been released yet

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would really like an actual Ucanreallybuyit1. don't know when they will ever come out with it though. :nana:

What do they call it the Optionally not ready for prime time or something like that.

:oops:

cl0123

Enlightened
It's too big for my uses, but it's a pretty nice light.

Wish Surefire or anyone can make a variable output U2-like light in the size of an A2 or E2DL. Trim out a few more ounces would help too. My U2 stays in the drawer most of time. I am still looking for a nice holster if I were really going to carry it on me instead of inside a backpack or gear bag.

With Aloha,

Clarence

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I handled one for the first time I thought "Gee this thing is smaller than I thought and it's really nice" I knew it would come across my hand at some point after handling it.

Someone should make a single cell body for the U2. With new IMR cells it would be one hell of an EDC. Upgrading it with an MC-E would make it a 400lm EDC.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
It is still my preferred and most "loved" light, although I have switched to the U2A now. For me, it is the best all-around light in existance.
Although not an EDC.
bernie

jag808808

Enlightened
Bernie,

I agree with you! I am fond of my U2. Useful levels with tactical brightness. I traded away my first U2. Another one found its way to me. I occasionally EDC it on the weekends while wearing cargo pants. It spends most of the time on the kitchen counter as a go to light for my honey.

Aloha,

jag

It is still my preferred and most "loved" light, although I have switched to the U2A now. For me, it is the best all-around light in existance.
Although not an EDC.
bernie

ConfederateScott

Enlightened
If I had to choose (god forbid) one Surefire it would be my old U2. I love the others but when it comes right down to the nut cutting the U2 is my favorite. I'll never part with mine.