EagleTac T10C2.. underwelmed

nohcho

Newly Enlightened
So i bought T10C2, and it arrived few days ago, i put a set of fresh primaries in there and it was not that bright, by that i mean it was not any brighter than my TK 11.
Now the reason i decided on T10C2, is because everyone on CPF was nuts about the light, caliming tghat it actually "outputs 280 measured lumens", i dont know but at this point i am utterly dissapointed, i expected it to run circles around TK 11.
I think i am gonna go ahead and send it back, cuase there is no point in keeping it.

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
I don't know about a 'true' 280 lumens, but if you have to keep in mind that your eye cant easily tell the difference between 220 and 280 lumens. Even the claimed '800 lumens' from a typical DX light with a SSC P7, which is actually closer to 450-500, isn't 'overwhelmingly' bright if you already have a modern CREE light. How was the light otherwise?

nohcho

Newly Enlightened
Otherwise i love the light, and absolutely love the fact that you can unscrew thw bezel and clean the lens from inside and, if someone makes smooth reflector it can be a thrower. ( are you listening EagleTac?)

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will not seem much if any brighter than the TK11 thats for sure. Realistically to see a REAL increase in brightness then roughly 600 lumens or so would be needed.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you looking at this thing in total darkness?

Are you really just mainly comparing the hot spots of the beams. the TK11 with smooth reflector has a brighter hot spot because it is designed to be more of a thrower. the EagleTac T10C2 has a orange peel reflector and is designed to make much more of a medium range beam with smoother transition from hot spot to flood. Light Review testing has shown the hot spot of the Fenix TK11 to be brighter for this very reason but overall, the Eagletac has much more light.

If you are one of those guys who shines it 50 feet or more away with some ambient street lighting and mostly just look at the hot spot and forget all about the spill, this light is not for you. However, my testing has shown it brighter than the Fenix with more overall output, mostly in the spill. This thing lights up an entire indoor gun range quite well. I use that for a reference because I can turn off all the lights and make it pitch black in there.

Unless of course your bezel wasn't tightened and you are only looking at the low power mode???

mutabi

Newly Enlightened
I also have a TK11 and T10C2 and in certain beamshots they do both look about the same. The hotspot does seem brighter on the TK11. However, do a ceiling bounce test. All i can say is wow. Big difference. The T10C2 is quite a bit brighter. It is putting out quite a bit more light, but just in a different way.

nohcho

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all, i think i'll keep it, it is growing on me. Now does anyone know if there is a smooth reflector for this guy?

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't heard of a smooth reflector for the T10C2. Are you able to open it up? If you want more throw than the TK11, get something like the Dereelight DBS. It will be a larger light though, but to get significantly more throw you need a larger reflector.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have a TK11 and T10C2 and in certain beamshots they do both look about the same. The hotspot does seem brighter on the TK11. However, do a ceiling bounce test. All i can say is wow. Big difference. The T10C2 is quite a bit brighter. It is putting out quite a bit more light, but just in a different way.

I agree with this. I have notived that the eyes often have hard to notice the true difference if looking directly at the bright beam, especially the hotspot.
Often it's much easier to see the difference when shine up on the ceiling and look down and see how bright the room appears to be. The best is to use a lightmeter, however.

I don't know about the EagleTac T10C2 models, but I really like the Fenix TK10. I read somewhere that the T10C2 has 270 true lumens, in comparison to TK10 with 225. If that's correct it does mean 20% brighter than the TK10. And even if the stated 295 lumens had been comparable to the 225 lumens of TK10, the increase would be 31%. That's a noticable difference if carefully comparing side by side though not a very big difference. I think it makes the demand of nearly twice the brightness to be experienced as much brighter. Yes, I would like to say that my Fenix4E20 (400+ lumens) is much brighter than the TK10. Without a comparison side by side I would likely still not be really sure about the difference, however!

Regards, Patric

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Otherwise i love the light, and absolutely love the fact that you can unscrew thw bezel and clean the lens from inside and, if someone makes smooth reflector it can be a thrower. ( are you listening EagleTac?)

Great idea, to clean the lens from the inside!

Do it like me with my Clicky, use a cloth and some alcohol. Otherwise, it's quite difficult to get the coating off... :sigh:

Unlike the Clicky, which has a second o-ring, the T10C2 produces that nice sound when steel scratches on glass when you tighten the bezel. Mine is tightend now, the glass is by miracle not broken, and it will stay tightend...

That's now the second time I forgot it at hme when we did a night cache. My TK10 revealed perfect in the forest and I'm really curious whether the T10C2 will be more effective on low on smooth ways and better on high to search for reflectors or even for a place on a spoiler picture! :popcorn:

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the T10L, which is supposedly less bright, but it seems to be about the same from the lux readings on light-reviews.com. It has very bright spill, and a very nice beam with no noticeable dark spots. It might not have as much throw as other lights, but it has a very useable beam. Pure throw is nice for impressing people and for specific uses, but not as good for everyday (or night, rather) flashlighting (not a word?).

The eye does not percieve light linearly, so 200 lumens is not twice apparent the brightness of 100 lumens. It is hard to qualitatively determine the relative brightness of one light to a light of similar brightness (like the eagletac and fenix), especially since they have different beam patterns and reflector types. The difference between the low and high on the eagletac (60 and 255 lumens for the t10L) is not as different as you would expect, and the low is still useful.
The only problem I have with the eagletac is the clip, which scratches the coating off when you remove it (it really is useless). However, this can be fixed by putting an o ring in the recess where the clip was.

I have not had any issues with the lens being scratched by the bezel. It seems to be machined well enough that this is not an issue. If it does happen for some reason, I am pretty sure eagletac will send you a new lens.

gamel

Banned
Re: LED Flashlights

The body of the Fenix L1P is machined aluminum with the aforementioned type III hard anodize finish and is available in black only. The outside of the body has several rings machined into the surface to help with grip and you will also find flat panels around the central area of the body for texture and display of the company logos. The tailcap has a textured area for grip as well as a recessed switch for standing on end and a lanyard attachment point. A wrist lanyard is attached and several other accessories are included with the light.

DM51

Flashaholic
Re: LED Flashlights

The body of the Fenix L1P is machined aluminum with the aforementioned type III hard anodize finish and is available in black only. The outside of the body has several rings machined into the surface to help with grip and you will also find flat panels around the central area of the body for texture and display of the company logos. The tailcap has a textured area for grip as well as a recessed switch for standing on end and a lanyard attachment point. A wrist lanyard is attached and several other accessories are included with the light.
Welcome to CPF, gamel.

Did you mean to post this in this particular thread? It doesn't seem at first glance to address the same topic. Let me know if you meant to post it elsewhere, and I'll move it for you.

Climb14er

Enlightened
I absolutely like the EagleTac 10C2 A LOT!

It's my bedside table light and the Fenix TK11 R2 is my downstairs office and road travel light.

Both are excellent lights!

I was deciding which one to take on the airplane and picked the EagleTac as it's lighter and a little more compact than the Fenix.

NWdude83

Newly Enlightened
EagleTac yay or nay?

Seen them at the gun show next to the Fenix lights. 295 lumens for real?

Last edited:

deranged_coder

Enlightened
Re: EagleTac yay or nay?

Seen them at the gun show next to the Fenix lights. 295 lumens?

What about 295 lumens? Are you wondering if the number is accurate? Are you scoffing or marveling at the number? I'm confused... :confused:

FWIW, I have the T10C and I think the claimed 220 lumens for their 1xCR123A is believable. It seems comparable to my Jet-II I.B.S. (claimed 225 lumens on high). I think my EagleTac is a good light (I will probably get a P10C2 or T10C2 sometime in the future) so I give their products a 'yay'. :thumbsup:

gambling

Banned
i have boght Eagle T10C2.. underwelmed the reason i decided on T10C2, is because everyone on CPF was nuts about the light, caliming tghat it actually "outputs 280 measured lumens", i dont know but at this point i am utterly dissapointed, i expected it to run circles around TK 11.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have boght Eagle T10C2.. underwelmed the reason i decided on T10C2, is because everyone on CPF was nuts about the light, caliming tghat it actually "outputs 280 measured lumens", i dont know but at this point i am utterly dissapointed, i expected it to run circles around TK 11.

Nice copy/paste from the first posting in this thread. Shall we all do that now? :poke:

:welcome:

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
His first post... Does anyone else think this is fishy?