• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB Black spy 005

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
You do realize there are two differnt versions right? The V1 had six descrete levels set by sense resistors and was avaialble in two max outputs. The second one used a microprocessor and you could change each level.

The second one was more expensive, but the first one was a simpler design that had no drain when off but if you got the 1000mA version it could theoretically overheat if you left it on max to long. There was a ~700mA version of the V1.

hamheart

Enlightened
yes i relize, i would be happy with either v1 or v2 1000 mah or 700 mah. thanks :candle::D

shuter

Enlightened
You do realize there are two differnt versions right? The V1 had six descrete levels set by sense resistors and was avaialble in two max outputs. The second one used a microprocessor and you could change each level.

The second one was more expensive, but the first one was a simpler design that had no drain when off but if you got the 1000mA version it could theoretically overheat if you left it on max to long. There was a ~700mA version of the V1.

How does one tell which is which? By serial number? If so where is the break from one version to the next?

LouRoy

Enlightened
It is my understanding that the lower level was set at 600ma. This is a direct quote from Data from the original sales thread:

"For the lights set at 600mA all the power levels are just a little over half of the above levels."

These are incredible lights. For any who may be considering one, they are well worth the price. Good luck on your search Hamheart!

(P.S. I have already sold the one I offered here. :mecry:)

LouRoy

Enlightened
How does one tell which is which? By serial number? If so where is the break from one version to the next?

The first batch had 100 units. As far as I know, the lights were numbered sequentially. I got numbers 19, 79, and 90 from the first batch. The one I got from the second batch with the Seoul emitter and updated driver has a serial number of 127.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
The second batch was also available in Stainless Steel or Titanium head and switch and also some Damascus head units. I got a SS the second time around. I can't remember if Al heads were in the second batch or not.

I forgot to mention the first batch were Lux III emitters.

The serial numbers won't tell you much, lots of folks had the internals upgraded on the 1st gen units. (emitters and circuit board)