PSSST!!! Hey Guys...

Greta

Flashaholic
Don't forget that it's Mother's Day! <font color="red"> CALL YOUR MOTHER!!</font>

<font size=1>*this public service reminder has been brought to you by a mother*</font>

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Sent my MOM a big bunch of
flowers.jpg
!

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got off the phone with my Mom /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif And had flowers for my wife this morning. Everyone is happy and I'm covered for a few more weeks of flashlight purchases !!

Wylie

Enlightened
Going to mom's place to cook dinner for her tonight. Doing the honey mustard, Miricale whip, dijon mustard baked chicken breast thing with some pasta and homemade sauce on the side.
You have a happy Mother's Day Sasha! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Will call Mom later. My wife expects to be pampered today so I must keep telling her, "You're not my mother"

Well okay, I really didn't say it and I guess that's pretty obvious since I am still conscious.

Enjoy Moms day and do something special.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, my mom's been gone for 16 years but I will shortly take spouse and mother in law to brunch. Kid's are away at college and grad school so I get to fill in.

Lighthouse

Enlightened
Sasha,

You're thoughtfulness is appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif Have a happy.

Best, Lighthouse

B@rt

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Darell said:
You're the closest thing we have here on the forum, Sasha. So Happy Mother's Day to YOU!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
fc2bc102.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I sent flowers & cards to my mom in Alaska and my stepmom in California... telephone calls will be a bit later (it's only about noon here in Washington).

I second Darell's motion here Sasha, so Happy Mother's Day to you too!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tonyb

Enlightened
I've been called a mother a few times, I wonder if anyone will call me. Just kidding, Happy Mothers day !

Greta

Flashaholic
Awww... thanks guys... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I had a very nice day today. My daughter drove up for the weekend and my parents are visiting from NY. We spent the day at the pool at their hotel. It's about 94 degrees here right now and laying in the sun always makes me feel like one of those contented little lizards that you see sprawled out on a rock without a care in the world. Now we're getting ready to go out to dinner. Yep... life is good... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Empath

Flashaholic
There are many accounts on the web of the origin of Mother's Day. But this one I found particularly interesting. It's also accompanied by some easy listening soothing "new age" type music.

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
Mom was here this afternoon - made her (and Dad) a nice dinner, gave her a nice card/gift, and a big hug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I'm lucky, they live about 2 miles away

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I spent about an hour on the telephone with my mom in Alaska, and almost another hour with my stepmom in California. One has a toll-free number, so I'll only get a phone bill for an hour of long distance to somewhere really far away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last week I went to "The Amazing Vase" here in Seattle and had flowers sent to them both. And they both got them in time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The next day I went to Bartells and picked up a couple of cards, and they got those too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And that was my Mother's Day.
Wonder what I'll do for Father's Day... dad has all the tools he needs and I probably shouldn't send him flowers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Latest posts