Olight battery magazine in DBS?

burf151

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,
Recently got DBS V2 and a CL1H V4, both great lights for me. They both are bored to accomodate 18650s, so they rattle a bit with CR123s. I see that Olight offers a battery magazineto keep CR123s from rattling in their M20. Has anyone tried the Olight battery holder in a Dereelight? I'm guessing that it will fit, but wanted to see if anyone has tried it before I order a couple. How about 2 together when using the ext. tube? I'm guessing that the button on the CR123 won't protrude enough to make contact if you have two of the holders together. If anyone has tried it, let me know. Thanks!

USM0083

Enlightened
I have a Solarforce L2 18650 body, and when I use 16340s I drop in a cardboard tube cut to size to fill the empty space. It's made from 50 lb weight cardstock.

burf151

Newly Enlightened
Got some of the Olight battery magazines from Lighthound (not from Lighthound...it was Battery Junction). They work perfectly in the DBS and my CL1H. It looks like they will work in any 2xCR123 light that is bored for 18650, as long as it has a spring for the + contact. So the battery rattle is gone, and they are a very tidy solution.

Last edited:

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got some of the Olight battery magazines from Lighthound. They work perfectly in the DBS and my CL1H. It looks like they will work in any 2xCR123 light that is bored for 18650, as long as it has a spring for the + contact. So the battery rattle is gone, and they are a very tidy solution.

I could NOT locate this magazine in Lighthound!! Can you point me to the right direction? Any links??

burf151

Newly Enlightened
Sorry yazkaz! I got mine from Battery Junction. Had a brain fade when I posted!

lightmyway

Newly Enlightened
I found using AW batteries in the magazine to fit too tightly .All others fit ok.Really nice to have and fit in the DBS and Cl1H.