R2 dropin strobes under camera?

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Frame rate of cam synch-ing in and out with the modules PWM frequency. My vids show it as well.

**edit**
WOW yours looks like a strobe...LOL

Last edited:

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are seeing the strobe effect when its not in "strobe" mode with your eyes, its not the camera causing it. Are you seeing this with your eyes when looking at the light in the lower modes?

If so, are you using RCR batteries that bump up the voltage above 6V to 8.4V?

The 5 mode R2 pills that I had from Lighthound did not have the voltage range capability of the single mode. With higher voltage in lower modes it actually did flicker. When I used primaries that were 6V or less (total) then the flickering went away.

The pill may say its good to run at up to 8.4V but the reality is with freshly charged RCR123s in low mode that draws less current it flickers because its at the very end of the regulation range for the incoming voltage.

If you try to primary batteries and the problem goes away its your pill and not your camera. I got rid of all my five mode R2 pills.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
then its pulse width modulated at a rate that you eye integrates it and sees it as a lower level but the camera frame rate catches it for what it is. Buy a different type of module. I have never seen this in any of my videos with the Malkoffs, Fenix's, Eagletacs.