Do you tell your friends and co-workers about CPF?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must admit I rarely do. The few who have made it to my apartment think I'm nerdy enough when they see all the lights which is just a small fraction compared to many members here, so I never mention the fact that I visit a flashlight forum. I never mention the price of the lights as well but I have managed to convince a couple of co-workers to be E2(E)'s.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Yep, and they of course think I'm a nut (oh, they have plenty of other indications as well...), however who do you think they come to when looking for a new torch?

They "think" I'm an expert and are convinced I should give up my real job and become a salesman. Maybe that's a good indicator of a skill that I have and am not putting to use? I am enthusiastic about anything that I like...yes I probably should be in sales...but I have to believe in the product.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:
Yep, and they of course think I'm a nut (oh, they have plenty of other indications as well...), however who do you think they come to when looking for a new torch?

They "think" I'm an expert and are convinced I should give up my real job and become a salesman. Maybe that's a good indicator of a skill that I have and am not putting to use? I am enthusiastic about anything that I like...yes I probably should be in sales...but I have to believe in the product.

[/ QUOTE ]

same here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
When told that there are about 3000 registered members on CPF, my friend says, "Yeah right. There's probably three people: you, a constant newbie, and a person acting as the 2998 other people."

Dan

zmoz

Enlightened
Hell no...everybody already thinks I'm weird enough as it is! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The Yeti

Newly Enlightened
Sure, and some of them say they regularly read this. I have also sold my inretech UV modified m!nimag flashlight at a bar. They go over really well in the club scene. As does anything abnormal, and glowing odd colors (thinking about creative uses for the glow powder). I also sold my m!nimag with a cyan inretech bulb to another clubber. So, I need to get replacement units soon.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of course I tell people about CPF... When they ask me to borrow my lights, I just point them in this direction...

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Constantly, and their attitudes have gradually mellowed during the year and a half I've been a Flashaholic.

I've found that there is one thing that silences the wisecracks and dampens the sarcasm. Power, raw power! A small light that is surprisingly, even shockingly bright and which throws a great distance has the power to convince and convert

When I enlisted some colleagues to help judge my "vertical throw tests" of the Tigerlight and M6 they were downright enthusiastic.

Unfortunately their appreciation for wonderful but less brilliant lights is a bit underdeveloped but I'm working on that. My "job" is to educate them so that they will pass on a more enLIGHTened attitude to their friends and family.

Sometimes I use unfair, below-the-belt tactics: "don't take this personally John, but frankly, any man who doesn't provide appropriate flashlights at home for the safety of his family is not being a responsible husband and father" ......you get the idea.

Brightnorm

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
logicnerd411 said:
When told that there are about 3000 registered members on CPF,...

[/ QUOTE ]

4000+

(when I came on board only a year and a half ago I was number 767. That's an average of 180 new members per month.

Brightnorm

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
So where is the total # of members displayed? I used to watch that closely. I guess at 6 a day it has slowed a little. What is nice is that many of the new members are knowledgable and like contributing to the community.

B@rt

Flashaholic
I just checked, and at the moment there are 4134 members...

I do not know where members can check the count, sorry about that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Icebreak said:
So where is the total # of members displayed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to the "Main Index" page and scroll to the bottom.

fc2a3bfc.jpg

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Out of those 4100+, I'm willing to bet more than half of them are not active... And maybe 50% of those nonactives are still lurking, but not logged on...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I tell my friends about CPF. They roll their eyes sometimes, and tease me, but when I pull out my Blaster III, or my Luxeon Star, more respect comes forth. My electrical wizard friend, who always told me that led lights could not be columated is now a believer. He used the Star in his attic and said it was too bright.