Peter, what happened to the Chinese venture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You posted quite some time ago about having a version of the ArcAAA made in China. You got lots of comments both Pro and Con and so was wondering how that ever petered (no pun intended) out.

Willmore

Enlightened
Hmm, lazyness and poor quality of work?

Is there anyone else who sees 'union' bumper stickers as warning labels?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still working the Asian angle. It has been really slow going just getting items fixed and implimented. Not all it cracked up to be in opinion.

Peter

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wasn't trying to start an argument. As mentioned the pros and cons were discussed in the first thread. Peter had made the post some months ago and I was merely curious as to the status of his venture as it was not updated at all since the announcement post.

[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
With all due respect, why are you folks so eager to put American workers out of a job?

[/ QUOTE ]

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
With all due respect, why are you folks so eager to put American workers out of a job?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't think of it as putting people out of jobs, think of it as freeing up some labor for more productive, challenging tasks. Farm the easy, unskilled stuff out to the cheapest labor available and save the "good stuff" (eg the higher-paying jobs) for skilled American workers.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
SUREFARC said:
Business, first thing first is to compete and survive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. I guess loyalty is a thing of the past. It's all about the all mighty $$$.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
whoa...peter isn't doing this for the $$$.

i believe peter is doing this in addition to the arc aaa here, so he can produce higher volume aaa's. hopefully, this could result in an arc aaa in your friendly walmart next to the mag solitare. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Azreal911

Enlightened
I would really like to see these arcs around in the camping stores and such up in canada. There's this one camping store up here in toronto that even carries a lineup of the Led Lensers so i bought one cause i'm a sucker for shiny objects and would pretty much do the same if i saw the arc's AAA or LS. I'm all for impulse purchases on shiny objects!

Status
Not open for further replies.