The "Fall in Love Again with your Novatac" Thread

Centropolis

Enlightened
I have been EDCing my Leatherman Serac S2 lately and before it was a LOD Q4.

Yesterday I carried my Novatac 120P for the first time in a while and it reminded me that it is still my favourite light.

Low enough for everyday use with great wide beam for indoors. High output enough with enough throw for general outdoor usage. Very good form-factor for holding.

I invite all Novatac owners to rediscover the love! :)

Watchguy

Newly Enlightened
I just bought one off of the Marketplace. I must say at first I was not sure what all the commotion was all about with the Novatac P120s but I'm really liking it.:grin2: The beam, the programming, the shape and knurling all add up to great aesthetics and it's in pewter. :thumbsup:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Considering I've EDCed the NT120P everyday since I got in July 2007, I've never been surprised by how much folks like it.

Qoose

Enlightened
What if we are still in love and are still EDCing it? My 120P is with me in bed every day. I guess a romantic non-moonlit hike on the beach will have to do. It's too soon to renew the vows.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
especially since i turned it into exactly the light i wanted with the easter backdoor.....and removed the clip

:candle:

fredb

Newly Enlightened
I have a love/hate relationship with it (but mostly love).

Love: It's as close to the perfect light as I've encountered in terms of functionality, usability, and form factor.

Hate: The low-level pulsating bug and the light's tendency to shut itself off when being used in low mode for long periods of time.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my p120, but since getting a LF3XT, I have been carrying my p120 much less, which I carry only because I feel somewhat guilty for neglecting what had been such a faithful compainion for so long. The LF3XT has nearly as much functionality as the p120 in a smaller easier to carry form. It has just as beautiful a beam if not more so since there are never any pulse issues. The p120 wins out with its clip and lower low, however. Considering I spent about half as much for the LF3XT makes it easier for me, too. I don't worry about losing it nearly as much as I do my p120.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do that with all my lights I dig out of storage. I turn them on and say to myself, "This is why I am a FLASHAHOLIC!!!"

1dash1

Enlightened
I picked up another 120P recently from the B/S/T forum. This one has been modded with a high-CRI Seoul emitter.

It's opened up a whole new world of sensory experience for me. At its lowest setting (which is even lower than the stock 120P), my skin looks tan under its warm glow. With the stock 120P on the lowest setting, my skin looks pallid - like something from the morgue.

It may not be as "true-to-life" as a lot of incans or the Nichia 083, but it's nonetheless a pleasure to use. A great way of looking at things in a different way. :)

cfromc

Enlightened
After a year or so I've just started modding mine (nothing permanent yet) with PEUs bezel w/trit slots, a GITD o-ring between the new bezel and the body and I'm waiting for the trits, a UCL glass, and the "tactical" o-ring for the body. I spent about an hour polishing the bezel to a nice mirror finish. I plan on taking a pic or two when I get everything done. I *may* even buy a second one so I can replace the emitter with a nice warm-tinted one. Most likely that will be one of the new, cheaper, models.

Centropolis

Enlightened
What if we are still in love and are still EDCing it? My 120P is with me in bed every day. I guess a romantic non-moonlit hike on the beach will have to do. It's too soon to renew the vows.

It's great to see people carrying the 120P still. I mean I am not surprised but being us flashaholics usually means we have many choices to pick from for EDC so I was pretty sure others would be EDCing something else now.

Centropolis

Enlightened
After a year or so I've just started modding mine (nothing permanent yet) with PEUs bezel w/trit slots, a GITD o-ring between the new bezel and the body and I'm waiting for the trits, a UCL glass, and the "tactical" o-ring for the body. I spent about an hour polishing the bezel to a nice mirror finish. I plan on taking a pic or two when I get everything done. I *may* even buy a second one so I can replace the emitter with a nice warm-tinted one. Most likely that will be one of the new, cheaper, models.

Sounds like a nice project to work on.

Personally, I am always scared of modding or changing my flashlights. I tend to keep them in their stock.

I do want to know what size of oring you used between the reflector and lens though. It's easy enough for me to try.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just order my first Novatac light, the 120T from batteryjunction.