LF5XT random shut off.

Rumble

Newly Enlightened
There's a good chance that this is just user error but it doesn't help that I can't even successfully reset my light.

I have two of these lights. I am suspecting that using Li-ion cells are the cause. When I use either my Ultrafire or AW Li-ion cells, they shut off at random times shortly after turning them on. Using regular lithium Energizer cells or alkalines are fine.

When the light shuts off using Li-ion cells, I have to pull the battery and re-insert them again to get them to turn on again (only to shut off after a while).

I have no clue why it does that. Is it a voltage issue with the rechargeable cells? Did I fry the circuit with them? I tried to reset both (SW x 10 according to the factory instructions) but I can't seem to nail the clicks. Not that it would necessarily solve my problem.

I like these lights but my Nitecore seems like a much easier thing to deal with. But mebbe I'm a little slower that way (no offence to Nitecore fans). Heh.

Anyone got any idea why my LF5XT's are shutting off with Li-ion cells?

And I made sure the cells were fully charged.

Burton

HKJ

Flashaholic
It might be because your LiIon cells are mostly dead or your charger does not work. Many LiIon contains a protection circuit that will shut them off, when they are empty.

If you have a voltmeter, try checking the voltage of the LiIon cells, when the light shuts off, a full cell has 4.1 to 4.2 volt.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Turn off the low battery protection. It may be set wrong and it really isn't necessary using protected cells anyway.