New Rayovac Lights

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just was browsing at the local Meijer a couple days ago and ran across a whole selection of new Rayovac Sportsman Extreme lights. Anyone have any experience with any of the new models? I've only got the old 4 Watt 3C, but if the new stuff is improved over that at all I am intrigued. I'd really like to see what that supposed 300 Lumen lantern can do.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
That lantern does look interesting. "4 watts" for four hours could be really nice.

I was hoping they would make a lantern to run off of their very good Rayovac Hybrid batteries.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks quite nice, much better than my Husky 2D 4 watt. I wonder if it has a smooth reflector and is a thrower like a Husky. I would imagine the Husky will still win out in a contest of throw, but this Rayovac at least looks like it won't be an embarrassment to carry around with you. It is much slimmer, too.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the 2AA 3 watt light, and the EZ Focus 2AA light. I bought them as cheap loaner lights that I carry in my work bag. No way I like lending my Surefire L4, and tools tend to walk away or get lost at work. I can stand to lose these. Anyway, they were on sale at Menards a month ago or so. Both of them are pretty well built, and seem durable. The 2AA 3-watt is a momentary/twisty switch, is a bit brighter and has a nice hot spot with good spill. The EZ focus light has a forward clickie switch, and pretty much just puts out a round spot with little spill. The EZ focus light also tends to flicker a little. Overall, I think the 2AA 3-watt light is a better light.

Bloodnut

Newly Enlightened
I have the 3 watt light. I use it more than my SFs due to being cheaper to run while putting out plenty of light. Well built, good beater light. I am getting a lot of use from mine. Worth the $$.