• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired AUCTION!!! - CPF Benefit

Greta

Flashaholic
The item up for auction here is quite unique and most definately extraordinary. And of course, it has been MOST generously donated for CPF benefit by one of CPF's most unique and extraordinary members... Don "McGizmo" McLeish... :clap:

The item is a Photon King 2... modified... :eeksign: :grin2:

Here are the details as given to me by Don:

3 were custom made by PK & SF. I don't recall when but would guess 2005 or 2006.

PK held on to 2 and gave me one

They originally were host to X bin 5 watt Luxeons but the LED's blew up. I replaced the original 5W LED's in all three heads for PK but there continued to be issues with the LED's. I returned the two PK II's to PK and held on to mine.

The one I have was further modified to host a Seoul P4 LED and the photos of PK in the water with this light were taken in Nov '07 with the Seoul P4 mod in place. I further modified the light to host a Seoul P7 LED driven by a Yamaguchi SOB 1625 mA driver and that is what is in the light now. The picture of the light on the rock and the LED in the reflector were taken on Sunday, 1/4/09, and are "current".

The PKII is quite friendly to modification and up grade of new light engines. The head will work on both the included porcupine body as well as a SF M6 battery pak.

This light is quite unique and has a real connection to CPF and would not exist were it not for CPF.

So now... here are some pictures:

PK2-LED-P7.jpg

PK2-P7.jpg

PK-bubbles.jpg

PK-turtle5.jpg

This light is truly one for the serious collector. I realize that an auction for this unique piece of history will immediately put most members out of the running for a chance to own it. Don't fret... I will have something else for you all at the MarketPlace very soon... ;)

A portion of the proceeds from this auction will be returned to Don for his incredible generosity and in appreciation from me and the CPF community. Thank you once again Don... :kiss:

This auction will end on Sunday, January 11th at 7:37 PM, Eastern Time. The highest bid posted closest to that time without going beyond will be the winning bid. (Link to World Clock for time offsets.) And yes, I will be working on the server clock to try and get it as close as possible. If you are truly serious about winning this light, you should do time tests when the end of the auction approaches. Winning bid will be determined by the board time stamp on the post.

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen... let the bidding begin! :anyone:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Oh ... NICE :D

I'll throw in my $11,80!

Don ... :nana:

bk

EDIT: dammit ... not even started and already outbid :green:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I LOVE CPF!!

If I had not gone COMPLETELY over my flashlight budget for 2009 already I'd be ALL OVER THIS!!!

I can't wait to see how this turns out!!

How big is this head?

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Guys ... this light blows up LEDs. It is not worthy of your consideration. Retract your bids and let my $11.80 take care of it.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
[/i]This may be a stupid question, but I'm not familiar with this driver. What cell configurations are safe to run?[/color][/size]

"Son Of Buck(SOB) is the next generation Downboy". Up to 5 primaries (4 to be safe) or up to 3 li-ions. 16v max.