Best 2xAA LED Flashlight (up to $25)

edummjorge

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I'm planning to buy a 2xAA LED Flashlight that costs up to $25 at DealExtreme. (It's going to be my first flashlight...)

I would like to know some suggestions of those flashlights that have a good I - brightness, II - built quality and III - battery duration. (from most important to least important) And extensible flashlights are cool too.

Currently I'm thinking of these ones:

- Ultrafire C3 Cree Q5 5-Mode LED Flashlight
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10727

- Ultrafire C3 Cree P4 5-Mode LED Flashlight
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7938
(I heard this C3, the old model, is better...)

- Romisen Cree P4 RC-N3 Single Mode LED Flashligh
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9070

I've been reading lots of reviews, but can't make my decision. Thanks for any advice, since I'm really new to this subject!

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own several Romisen RC-N3s and I would recomend them. They are well built (with the exception of the thin O-ring in the head), have good regulation and runtime, have a forward clicky, can use 2xAA or cr123 and are great value. The Q5 version fron shiningbeam is identical but brighter.

The only UF-C3 I have is not great and the QC is iffy it seems, but you may get a good sample.

:welcome:

edummjorge

Newly Enlightened
The Romisen RC-N3 Q5 looks perfect, but I can't find it in DealExtreme.com...........

And it HAS to be there, since I live in Brazil...

Bobo The Bear

Newly Enlightened
The Romisen RC-N3 Q5 looks perfect, but I can't find it in DealExtreme.com...........

And it HAS to be there, since I live in Brazil...

The Q5 version is only available from Shiningbeam so you're a bit out of luck there. You might be able to mod one yourself if you're so inclined.

I'd still recommend the RC-N3 from DX out of the choices you listed. It's a great light for the money.

Bobo The Bear

Newly Enlightened
The long downward spiral begins. :D

Sigh, tell me about it. I started collecting flashlights 2 weeks ago. 2 weeks. I promised myself not to spend more than $30 for a single light.

Since then I've purchased a Fenix E01, two Romisens, two Streamlights, Lowe's TF, and a HD Husky 4W. So far so good.

I just bought a Nitecore D10 today. I'm drooling over a Novatac 120. Please kill me now.

edummjorge

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, two days of research and now I'm looking for a flashlight that costs up to $30.... any suggestions?

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would suggest you buy slightly more expensive lights from a usa dealer, and fewer of them. You'll get better quality, and be happier in the long run. I now have a bunch of cheap lights that sit on the shelf, while I use two $60 lights all of the time. A nitecore EX10 for everyday carry, and an Eagletac T10c2 for outside duties. Good luck

popcornpicker

Newly Enlightened
Get an Acoray Q5 from Dx, It's my new favorite. And it only uses one AA. Extreme output.

Flashlike

Enlightened
Get an Acoray Q5 from Dx, It's my new favorite. And it only uses one AA. Extreme output.

I did a search on DX for Acoray but nothing came up. Would you please provide additional description, info, or specs on this flashlight? Does it have regulated output?
Thank you.

pipsqueakspace

Newly Enlightened
I was in your same boat about a month ago. Those two ultrafires were the exact ones that I was thinking of buying. I even started a thread asking about which of those two i should buy (that might be useful for you).

However I ended up not buying either of those because I figured I would try ebay and see if i could find something better. Low and behold i found a brand new Fenix L2D Premium Q5 for $31 shipped from a reputable ebay seller store. (after using cashback and a holiday coupon).

So the moral of the story, you should try to find a better light for almost the same price :grin2:

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Fenix E20 which is 35 bucks and I really like that too. It is probably one of the lights I use most often due to its versatility. I really like how the beam looks fully dialated.

popcornpicker

Newly Enlightened
I just got three of the Akoray flashlights and all of them work perfectly. On high they reflect off my neighbors windows from a quarter mile.
On low it is enough for most usage.

And the strobe will get someone's attention.

Last edited:

Helstar

Newly Enlightened
Sigh, tell me about it. I started collecting flashlights 2 weeks ago. 2 weeks. I promised myself not to spend more than $30 for a single light.

Since then I've purchased a Fenix E01, two Romisens, two Streamlights, Lowe's TF, and a HD Husky 4W. So far so good.

I just bought a Nitecore D10 today. I'm drooling over a Novatac 120. Please kill me now.

GOOD LORD!!!! Now I don't feel as bad. I am gong to print this and give it to my wife when she starts yelling about my lights. :nana:

Skibane

Enlightened
I have a Fenix E20 which is 35 bucks and I really like that too. It is probably one of the lights I use most often due to its versatility. I really like how the beam looks fully dialated.

That'd be my recommendation, too. You can occasionally snag 'em on ebay for under 30 bucks, shipped.