Light Suggestions??

Hobiecat93

Newly Enlightened
My collection is made mostly of small 1x AA and 123 lights. I just recently got a D10 and am loving it, but recently I have been wanting something larger, more the size of a 2d maglight, but I'm not sure what to get. An m6 looks very tempting but it is WAY out of my price range. What can I get for around $150 or maybe $200 with a decent runtime and definitely more than 200 lumens. I'm not sure if this is too much to ask, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hobiecat93

Newly Enlightened
I do have a 3d mag but I'm not that great with DIY stuff so I think a high end stock light will suit me better. I definitely want a light with more throw, also.
I already have plenty of multi mode/stage lights so just a simple on/off will do just fine. Im totally flexible on batteries, but I'm not too sure about rechargeables because this light would be my powerhouse when the lights go out so being able to replace the batteries is important.

1dash1

Enlightened
Hobiecat93:

You might also consider the Dereelight models: DBS (if you want a thrower) and CL1H (if your needs are more general purpose).

Note: Since you're not presently interested in the 18650-cells, you would pick the 1SM-2 or 3SM pills (each is powered by 2xCR123 or 2xRCR123). The 1SM-2 is a simple "off-on" operation. The 3SM gives you "high-medium-low" outputs.

If you're most interested in brightness, pick the R2 emitter. If you want the "whitest" tint, pick the Q5 emitter. If you prefer warm tints, pick the 5A Q3 emitter.

I'd suggest that your choice of emitters should correlate with your choice of models. If all your primary interest is in "throw" (DBS), by all means get the brightest emitter (R2). If your primary interest is a good do-it-all light (CL1H), then get the pleasantest tint (5A Q3). Of course, that's assuming that you like warm tints - some people prefer stark "hospital" white.

And, if you insist on having the baddest light in your neighborhood, then you might consider the DBS V2 MC-E.

Link to CPFM sales thread.

Link to Dereelight product descriptions.

Other ideas.