Lake Victor Flashlight?

signals

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone seen this: Lake Victor Flashlight? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I couldn'y find any reference through a search of the CPF. It looks like an MR16 and it says it's 35 Watts. It's also made of wood. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
It looks like an elementary school project; it's so crude I'd be afraid of getting splinters from it.

Having to be recharged in your car, it would probably spend most of its time there. Heaven forbid if you should get it wet in the rain or set in down in the snow.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
You gotta love that switch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Is this some kind of joke? ...a wall switch?.....pencil layout lines still visable?......uncoated wood?

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

But I would expect that there will be some "discoloration" of the wood around the bulb. In my experience changing some of those they get terrifically hot, even around the reflector!

It vaguely reminds me of something that Red Green might have put together. But there is no duct tape (at least none visible!) so I guess not...

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
wait a minute, a rechargeable 35 watt halogen light, I wonder what kind of reflector or it's probably just an over the counter halogen bulb in a holder.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonBoy said:
Well, if you don't like it, you might try another of their products, the TPH:

http://lakevictor.com/images/wade-tph.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope this item is properly finished/sanded, what a place to get a splinter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

signals

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
keithhr said:
wait a minute, a rechargeable 35 watt halogen light, I wonder what kind of reflector or it's probably just an over the counter halogen bulb in a holder.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found the link with a search for "MR16 flashlight" Although there is no reference to an MR16 on the page, my guess is that there once was, and Google indexed the older version.

-Kevin

Chris T

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonBoy said:
Well, if you don't like it, you might try another of their products, the TPH:

http://lakevictor.com/images/wade-tph.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Two rolls /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif? It must be a two holer! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

E2E4ME

Newly Enlightened
Is there a way to mount a switch like that on my E2E?? I may pick up one of these, as I am going camping in about 2 weeks. It seems very portable!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i rather like it

it says they will engrave and stain for free, but they usually leave it off for you to stain as necessary.

can that battery really be just plugged into the car like that?

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most commercial SLA lights I've seen come with smaller batteries in the 2.5 to 5.0 Ah range. I wouldn't laugh at this unless you can show me commercial lights with larger power sources.

I have an 8.5 Ah SLA gel cell battery that I've toyed with putting into one light or another. Generally, however, I just keep it on the shelf with a 300 W inverter as a temporary backup source. (It's powered fish tank filters and fed my computer's UPS.) It sometimes powers my R/C battery pack charger while camping. It could be nice to be able to put the 8.5 Ah SLA into an auxiliary power pack that happened to have a nice light attached to it.