My "crazy" habit saves the day

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
My \"crazy\" habit saves the day

So here I am in Pittsburgh with a few of my fancy flashlights. A silly facination that many tolerate only to be subject to an enlightening experience. This is such a case; I have made 2 converts to the power of bright flashlights.

A sound reminicent of 4th of July fireworks fills the air aound the living room. Large windstorms have been going on all day and the first thought that comes to mind is the large tree next to the house and what it could do. My SNII, Brinkman LX, and E2E MN03, are sitting in their place of honor among the lights brought with me on my trip and are quickly brought to bear upon the forest behind the house.

A qucik search of the area finds a large oak, approx 10-12 feet in diameter laying across the gully in the back yard and 3 smaller trees (not by much) that were taken out in the fall along with many smaller branches. We determined that there was no damage to property but the vehicles must be moved further away from the woodline. The destructive power that can rip a large oak from it's roots is simply awsome to behold.

What have I learned today? Always bring at least one HIGH power light with you at all times /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I had thought that the E2e and Lx were powerfull, but to cut through the night and the pollen and "sawdust" and give a daylight look to the damage took the awsome power of the Space Needle II.

Mr. Bulk I would like to take this time to formally congradulate and thank you for a superior product. We were able to assess the damage without getting close enough to injure ourselves. A WHITE spot of light what looked to be 2 feet across with a surrouding flood that turned night into day and simply dwarfed both the LX and E2e...wow! The potential energy of those bowed limbs are enough to shatter bones...I've seen it done before.

Here's to our hobby! Although it may not have "saved the day," it povided the means to assess what could have been a serious problem.

Lets hope no more trees decide to go down tonight...
-Jason