Would you help me find the right flashlight ?

romteb

Enlightened
Hi everybody.

Let me first congratulate you for this excellent forum and it's well spirited and knowlegeable members.

I need some help finding a flashlight with the following characteristics :

- All flood , throw not required.

- Long runtime, efficient and regulated if possible, yet with good overall output in max mode, P7 type output would be great but secondary.

- 1x18650 form factor or approching, small head (idealy same diameter as body), can stand on it's tail.

- absolutly no need for Strob, SOS and such fancy modes.

- Would be great if cheap, can spend some more $ if necessary.

I may have written non english things, sorry for that, that would be because english is not my native language, not that i'm good at speaking my native language either.

Have a good day :party:

bluecrow76

Enlightened
:welcome:

I'll second Jarl. The Zebralights are about the only thing I'm familiar with that are ALL flood. I haven't bought one yet but I imagine one of there products will find its way to me this year! :sssh:

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
a headlamp? i just checked it out and boy is that one wierd looking flashlight.

how about sgt burkett. i dont have one yet to vouch for it but one's in the mail. takes an 18650. nice form factor. shortest 18650 light in cpf's history. uses ssc p4 which is a floody efficent led. 200 lumens or so. $34 including shipping. cant wait to get mine.

Last edited:

Wattnot

Enlightened
You described a Malkoff M30F in an 18650 host to perfection.

I heard Huntlight makes a good P60 drop-in host but there is a cheaper one . . . the XTAR. I'm not sure if either of those will tailstand but there is a thread (this might be it) that lists all of the P60 hosts if you want more options.

EDIT: I just looked at that H60 myself. I didn't know about that one. That looks like it fits your situation too.

Last edited:

JetskiMark

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF.

I too recommend the H60.

I recently got one from 4Sevens and I really like it. They include two 18650s and a compact charger that is pretty nice.

You can use it as a hand held light, clip it to your belt or pocket or use it as a headlight.

Pure flood, very wide and even beam that is nice and white. Six levels from really dim to very bright.

If you order from 4Sevens, use the code CPF8 for an 8% discount.

Your English is excellent. What country are you in?

romteb

Enlightened
JetskiMark I'm from Paris france.

Thank you guys for your answers, this H60 seems to fit the bill, the ability to work as a headlamp is something i didn't think about, but that i now find very beneficial.

I'm sold :thanks: