I need help in a HID thrower

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys, I am looking for a thrower HID. I saw the Maxa beam, but I would like it to use Li-ion or Ni Mh batteries. Please help me, thanks

Patriot

Flashaholic
The cheapest way to get good throw performance is with the Vector POB. The Maxabeam is a short-arc light and the king of throw. It's available from Peakbeam with li-ion batteries. It's also about the most expensive throw option.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed. There is quite a price differential between these two lights. Leave the Maxa Beam for last consideration. I have one and love it but, it is pricey.

Karl

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
I recommend getting the AmondoTech Titanium Mega Illuminator, which is sold at BatteryJunction.com for $159.95.

I own both the Mega Illuminator and the Vector POB, and the Mega Illuminator out throws it by quite a large amount (or what I consider to be a lot) and has a much thinner and more laser like beam than the POB. I have shined my Mega at trees around 1000 yards away and it lit them up very brightly. The Mega can easily cloud bounce, light up skyscrapers, etc. Here is my thread on the Mega Illuminator. I have posted lots of pictures throughout the entire thread.

The POB is a great light, and it is much smaller and lighter weight than the Mega, which a very nice thing about it. I still prefer the Mega because it is so much brighter and has more throw.:)

The Mega Illuminator is my favorite spotlight in my collection for its unbelievable throw and super concentrated laser like pencil beam.