West Coast: I Know Who Won Survivor!

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was quite a surprise for sure, and come to think of it, the guy who played by far the best game from the beginning wasn't there, Rob that is. Matt was clueless from the beginning and Jenna, well she was just Jenna.

arioch

Enlightened
What irked me most about Jenna was the fact that based on the footage that we were shown, she was one of the laziest people in either camp, and she spent a whole lot of time b!tching and complaining about everything whilst lying around on her pretty little @ss getting a tan.

Something that really got on my nerves was when Kristy sacrificed (unwittingly) any of the food rewards, and ended up being the only one with the money left to bid for the last item, a letter from home. ALL of the other contestants got something to eat, all of them were hungry, but Kristy held out for what she hoped was something better, which turned out to be the letter from home. She paid a hefty price for it ($400.00, I believe), and it was well deserved. Then what happened? Jenna goes into a crying fit because she had wanted a letter from her family.

Show host Jeff Probst, not wanting anyone to feel terrible, offered Jenna the opportunity to buy her letter, but only if Kristy said okay ... NOW COME ON! What was Kristy going to say, no? So Jenna got to have her cake and eat it too (so to speak). And unless it was edited out of the show, I saw very little gratitude shown by Jenna for Kristy's magnanimity, particularly considering Jenna's generally poor treatment of Kristy during the weeks of the show.

All of her alliances fell apart, largely due to poor planning, she lucked out at the immunity challenges, and was at different times during the show a crybaby, a snob, a dumbass, an informant ... I am aghast at the stupidity and ignorance of the 6 to 1 vote for her.

Oh well, I am at a loss for words on this one ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jenna was stunningly gorgeous which I think had a lot to do with how and why she got as far as she did. Both her and Heidi had no aversions to taking off their clothes for strategic purposes. Mind you I'm not complaining. I wonder if either will, ahem, do so for a national publication now that the show is over.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've watched all of the survivors and I don't get this one at all. How could they all have voted for her unless of course cbs did really poor job of editing. I really found Heidi irritating and was Matt really wealthy, if that was the case then I could see most everyone voting for her. I forget who voted for her anyway, or did they even show it. I thought Rob was going to vote for Matt.

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep in mind that the editors of the show, when they decide which film clips to include in the show, are not creating a documentary to show accurately what happened and why, but they are trying to create entertainment. As part of that, they are also trying to create suspense by not giving away any major events, especially who won. Through careful editing, they can make any given character look a lot better or worse than they really were. I think part of the formula is to make the winner look bad so it is a real surprise. Maybe the winner was really a very likeable person, but they chose not to show that.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not one of these people who believes the Super Bowl is fixed by the Vegas boys but the ending of this show makes me wonder a bit. Here you have Jenna, moaning and groaning about how weak, tired and hungry she was, pretty much asking to be voted off (Heidi was instead) but yet she perks right back and wins two immunity challenges, one of them a test of endurance in which you think Rob would have had the upper hand between the two of them particularly in her "emancipated" condition. Or maybe it just was the way the producers decided to edit the scenes as was suggested. Maybe they all were complaining but after last week I thought for sure it was going to come down to the three guys.

Also concerning the immunity challenges. Do you think each one is planned out in advance to occur on a certain show regardless of the circumstances at that point or maybe they are picked on an ongoing show to show basis to perhaps favor a particular tribe or sex to keep things evened out and not become lopsided?