Nightbuster Luxia

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Using AA's instead of two 123's is the advantage over the X5T. The smooth body is not my favorite. If Ledda is true to form, it will be bright. I have a Ledda Nightbuster 4 Led 3 AA unit that is bright for it's type. So this one may be a tad brighter than the Innova.

And it should be bulit to handle a fair amount of knocking around.

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Ledda is brighter than my 2100 but I get the idea. It resembles a similar unit from Nuwai I think that pops up on Ebay but that is resistored, not stepped up.

If it was knurled or ribbed I probably would jump on one now.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
if it is anything similar to the nightbuster 8x, expect 1/8" walls!

also, the 8x was grossly overdriven /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

freeze12

Enlightened
Thank's for all the reply's! I kep't looking on the original Forum that i posted on & said to Myself...What,no answer's!!! That was until I opened the topic & saw it was moved.... thank's guy's!!! What the heck, I'll give it a shot & let You know how the light is..."Keeper or Junker" :)

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
if it is anything similar to the nightbuster 8x, expect 1/8" walls!

also, the 8x was grossly overdriven /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. I fried mine last year when I tried to run it off lithiums. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif By then, Nightbuster stopped making the 8x, and I had to settle for an Expedition 300 as its replacement (a good flashlight, but one that I don't use much due to its larger size).

I recently discovered the Streamlight 4AA, and this light nicely fills the niche once occupied by my Nightbuster 8x.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
yup...mine became a 7x after lithiums /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

actually...this happened twice the first time, 2 leds blew...the next time only one did.

after that point, they were out too, and i didn't want one anyway. so i told them i want a refund, they asked if i wanted a refund or a trek7, i said i wanted the refund.
several weeks later, i get a trek7 in the mail /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
i emailed them, and sent it back, but it turns out they will only refund up to $35 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

there was also a flickering problem, i hope they've resolved that with this light.

not really the place to complain about glow-bugs service, but if you can find a different place to order, that might be a good idea.

hopefully the streamlight luxeons will be out soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

rdwilson

Newly Enlightened
Looks like they are marketing to extras from "Night of the Living Dead". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif