Wow, Tigerlight with the new lamp assembly

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the replacement Tigerlight lamp assembly that was promised in a letter that came with my Tigerlight. The letter stated that the lamp assembly was not up to their standards and as soon as the new replacement lamps came in they would send them out. Like a number of cpf members, I got mine in the mail Saturday. My original lamp had a terrible , unfocused sideways figure eight beam, void of the single spot(but two side by side slightly overlapping in the middle) and without the famous Tigerlight bright long throw. As soon as the lamp assembly arrived, I put it in the light and shined it on the dining room wall in the afternoon and was glad to see that the double, unfocused hot spot was replaced with a single tight spot, promising a great improvement in the light. Well, I took it out last night and it had a tightly focused, bright spot that seemed to be much brighter towards the end of its throw. It clearly illuminated tree tops a distance behind my neighbors house across the street. I'm really delighted to get this new lamp assembly and since I hadn't seen a similar post, I thought I would start this off , wondering if everyone else has had a similar experience.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
And so comes the oft heard refrain...

Beamshotz! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif