Arc AAA tempting me...

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm seriously considering ordering another Arc AAA to back up my Arc AA for EDC.
How reliable is the Arc AAA GS version?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I don't have a GS, but my ancient BS is still kicking and they're still made the same way. I've not read about problems, either.

Geoff

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only thing holding me back is time..(as in Arc isn't open on the weekends).Would I be able to make a order on a Saturday?
Another thing is,the FedEx shipping option is $24.66 as opposed to $4.80 for USPS...but there's no insurance or tracking offered with the USPS option.
Which one should I pick?

(I haven't ordered yet,just thinking about it.)

Last edited:

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
This may not always be true for everyone however I have never had a problem using the USPS option. My past orders from ARC were all sent by way of USPS and it is normally about 3 to 4 days anywhere in the nation.

On the other hand anytime I have used FedEx it takes often at least over a week. Peter does very well with his prompt shipping and from what I have experienced I have never waited longer than 3 days from the date shipped. I would go the cheaper route simply because the USPS is often the fastest and again usually pretty reliable. If the AAA is all you are buying it should come in an envelope and will fit inside your mailbox with your other mail as it is a pretty small package.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I say go for it. As for shipping, if I am just ordering one Arc I usually go for the USPS option, never had a problem. I have used the FedEx option in the past as well, when I had a bigger order, or needed the light/s faster, although USPS can come as fast as FedEx too.

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
Actually i have some problems with my Arc AAA GS. The Foam donut falls off pretty easily even though i heated it / put pressure on it for a better connection. Also it doesn't turn on 10% of the time even with a new battery, contacts are clean. Other than those problems though it's an amazing light. You might want to ask for a GS with a low sitting O-ring in your shopping cart comments as well; I've had a few in the past where the O-ring would show when the light was turned off.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm planning to order my new Arc AAA GS tomorrow when I get home from work.(So I don't have any distractions...) Can't wait.Just to double-check,the standard USPS shipping would be fine,right?

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
You won't be dissapointed!

The black ones are beautiful. The GS puts out alot of light. Use a lithium battery.

If you do the FedEx shipping have it sent to your work address. I hate it when they leave the package on your porch.

kelmo

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered my new Arc AAA GS. The total came out to $58.49,as I decided to splurge for the Fedex Express Saver shipping.(It was only $8.54,compared to the USPS option at $4.80.) I'd rather have a real tracking number,and only the Fedex option includes insurance.(I.E,they'll replace it if it was lost,vs the USPS option,where they won't replace it.)

Can't wait to get it.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
My new Arc AAA GS shipped out today (Friday,Jan.16,2009) via Fedex Express Saver . I should have it by next Wednesday,which is Jan.21,2009.

Can't wait.

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got one as a surprise X-Mass gift, from the in-laws. I thought for sure it was going to be one of those politely pretend to like it, in-law gifts. Man was I happy when I saw what was under the wrapper. Obviously wifey tipped them off, she really comes through. I was flabbergasted, when I opened the package. What? Who? How do you know what an ARC AAA is?

Anyway, makes a great emergency back-up light. Throw it in your EDC bag and forget about it. It's already come in real handy a couple of times.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received my new Arc AAA Premium GS.Wow,this thing's bright!!! You wouldn't expect a light barely bigger than the AAA battery it holds to be this bright,but the Arc AAA Premium GS is. Can't wait to try it out walking tonight.
(In short... I'm in love with my new light...)

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Glad you're liking your new Arc. It will be with you for years. Mine's been either in my pocket or on the keychain for about six years now. Can't seem to break it.

Geoff

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Just received my new Arc AAA Premium GS.Wow,this thing's bright!!! You wouldn't expect a light barely bigger than the AAA battery it holds to be this bright,but the Arc AAA Premium GS is. Can't wait to try it out walking tonight.
(In short... I'm in love with my new light...)

I have the DS and it is bright too. Should use it more. I found that using an Eneloop that while I get about 1 hour shorter runtime, it shows much flatter runtime with high output throughout run, this checked using bounce with lightmeter.

Bill