Lumapower Signature

JoFrie

Newly Enlightened
Due we make a bigger flashlight test in germany i got some samples from different manufactures, at least Lumapower send 7 samples and one of them are the brand new signature. Due i know several guys are waiting for more information here are some short words and a lot of pictures :naughty:
(Sorry for my english my mean language is german)

All picts can be clicked at least one time to get a larger version! (Hosted in germany are some pics are real big, so it can take some time to open)

I got the sample with small Alu-Reflector in SMO and OP, additional a bigger Alu-Reflector in SMO, also a lanyard and two spare seals:

Here some pictures of the reflectors -with meaurements:

The flashlight has a momentary forward Clicky at the tailcap and mode selector at the front. Batterie used are 18650 i am not sure if light can handle 2xCR123A too, because I did not had the information and did not want to damage it. So i better wait for the Info if it can be driven with two CR123A also.

You have 4 modes = 100%>30%>10%> Strobe (30 and 10 are estimated), So the clicky is only for on/off and the mode can be switched with the mode selector. The lights turn on in the mode you switch it off.

Measurements with my Luxmeter are 7500 Lux (brightest point in the spot on 1 Meter) with the small and 14100 Lux with the big reflector. In our self build simple Ulbrichtsquare we measure 13700 Lux. (Tiablo A9 has 17000, Fenix LD20 has 12400 here)

Here some Beamshots - at F4.0 1/160, 1/40, 1/8 first three with small than three with big reflector:

Regards,
Joerg

Last edited:

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pictures, looks very nice. Cant wait to get the pricing info and such.

Zefiryn

Newly Enlightened
Hi JoFrie,

thanx for nice review :) only one question: is it regulated with 18650??

Last edited:

JoFrie

Newly Enlightened
Hi Zefiryn,

i drive the light with one 18650, i was not sure if it also can handle CR123A, so I still wait for the information. We also did not had time to test the runtimes and check if the light are regulated. So this might be came in the future. But as most of the other Lumapower Lights i think this will be regelated too.

Regards,
Joerg

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info :twothumbs

One question - 12400 lux for the LD20 is not a typo? That seems very high, especially compared to the other two lights.

JoFrie

Newly Enlightened
Due our 1 Meter Lux measurement we maybe measure a little bit different from the method used here. I am searching for the highest Value in the Spot of the light 1 Meter from the Lens, i measure there at least 2 times with my luxmeter. All results are only compatible with our own results, because i did not copy the measurement methode here. As you can see at our Beamshots you can read the cm and angle.

Our current results are here:
http://www.pic-upload.de/view-1345761/Messreihe1.jpg.html

All results are taken after 10 minutes runtime, the last line is again the Ulbricht sphere after at least 5 minutes cool down for the lamp.

Here is a thread (german forum) with the Beamshots of the lights:
http://www.geoclub.de/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=30199

Regards,
Joerg

JoFrie

Newly Enlightened
I belive it will be regulated and i request the spec sheets (on the package is no information about the to use batteries. But i will not try 2*CR123A and possible blow up the circuit because i can not wait a few hours. ;)

Regards,
Joerg

OCDGearhead

Newly Enlightened
Thanks much for posting. I have been wondering what this light would look like.

I like the dual heads for the 18650 format.

Wonder when a new D-mini will arrive:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:...waiting patiently.

lumapower

Newly Enlightened
Hi JoFrie,

Thank you for nice review and test on our new product.
The Lumapower "Signature" can use 2x12A and also 2xRCR123A.

Basiically, the circuit design is similar as our "MRV SideKick v1.1"

To get the max. output, please try it with 2x123A.

Best regards,

Ricky - Lumapower CS