E1/E2 Bezel Down Clip???

D

**DONOTDELETE**

A while back I posted an inquiry about this on the Surefire board and below is a link to the artists conception of the result (credit to Spokes for the idea, GhostGroup for the drawing, and Brock for posting it on his site). http://www.uwgb.edu/nevermab/led/dualclip.jpg

Anyone else out there interested in something like this? On the belt my E1 is fine as is, but in my pocket (pants or shirt) it just isn't right. Mostly because it is so short. Is the E2 better in the pocket than the E1?

Dualclip

Jeremy

Bucky

Enlightened
Yes and Yes.

I am very interested in a bezel down clip which I think would make pocket carry easier. Although, IMO the E2 does carry better because of the added length. But still, a switch to bezel down or even offering a bezel down clip as an option would be a good idea to me.

Whenever I attempt to carry either Executive light, the bezel sticks up too far above the pocket to be carried comfortably and/or inconspicuously.

I would welcome any efforts to make a bezel down clip
smile.gif

Bucky

redbird

Enlightened
I could not agree more with the need for a bezel down clip option. After having my E2 for only a couple of days, it is like a pair of old loafers, always there.

If anyone has the capability of an aftermarker option I would be among the first in line.

Brock

Flashaholic
Since it is posted on my site you can guess I am all for it. If someone works in a metal shop maybe they could make one up? I wouldn't think it would be hard to make them for both the larger style lights and new E series. Oh well, maybe the E3 will come with a bezel down carry option
smile.gif
I know people at Surefire have seen the drawing and their reply was "no comment", is that a good thing or ???

Brock

ToddM

Enlightened
Ya know I was thinking (which is never a good thing for anyone) and I see a lot of products that only weeks after they are out a handful of people make comments on it's design and usually can find simple to impliment improvements like a carry clip that goes both ways.

Maybe these companies should get a larger base of testers for their prototypes. I have to think that if a few of us can easily see that a dual mode carry clip would be nice and easy to impliment into the design (at least before it's in full production) then a large product tester base would also have thought of it.

Same with a lot of the improvements like a bezel that doesn't roll off the table, or a lock out tailcap. I realize some of these things take time to design as well.

It just seems like a lot of companies release a product and then they play catchup doing updates and changing little things here and there, that they might not have to if they had more user input before the final stages of putting out the product. It might add to the time of the product to hit the market, but if it sames time and $ in redesigning it later it might be worth it.

On the other hand I suppose that's why surefire has so many models, everyone wants something a little different.

But some items just seem like they wouldn't have any real drawbacks, like a 2nd clip option, or a lock out tail cap assembly.

That or maybe I just want to play with prototype surefires.
smile.gif

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe I´m just closed minded but I don´t get the "how it works" of the drawing, Is it screwed at the end of the side you want facing up ? or does it have a ring that fits at the bezel or tailcap ? Could you share more input ?

I have a friend that has a machine shop and can do that type of work, and I should be getting the E2 next week so maybe I could try an do that and see how it comes out.

Bucky

Enlightened
On some models, it seems like SureFire offers various options to take care of all the wants of the customer. In the 6V line there is the M2, C2, E2, 6P, G2, Z2, & D2. All of the lights have different options and advantages. Some have a lock-out tailcap and anti-roll bezel and some don't. The problem with the bezel down clip is that it is not offered on any light. So even if I was willing to pay more I could not get a light with that kind of clip.

The bezel down clip could "double-back" on itself like the one in the drawing, but one could also be designed to fit over the end of the light without the tailcap. That design could slide over the end of the light then allow the tailcap to be screwed over it.

As far as "no comment goes, I always figure that it is a good thing. Usually if they were not working on it they would just say that they had no plan in the works at the time.

Bucky