Get an Ultrafire C3 without risk?

LEDrock

Enlightened
After looking at the Coleman 2AA cree light in Walmart for so long, I decided I wanted one, until I learned on this forum that I can pay less for something much better: An Ultrafire C3, for less money.

But I don't have a credit card, and the vendor who sells this light requires me to use a credit (or debit) card using paypal, which I've been hearing alot of horror stories about. It makes me just want to forget about it.

Is there a place to get this light without needing to have a credit card, or using a risky middleman to handle it? I wouldn't mind just mailing a check, like in the 'good old days'.

Magichunter

Newly Enlightened
Most people order merchandise routinely from Hong Kong vendors without issue. I do quite often and have always been satisfied with my purchases. In the unlikely event that something is missing or defective, these vendors usually make it right or you can file a Paypal claim.

Lately I have issues not with the vendors who have been filling and shipping my orders promptly but with the USPS and Customs who delay the delivery of my orders once they reach the United States.

Go for it...and don't worry.

Last edited:

zx7dave

Enlightened
You could list it under the "buy section" and get a used one from another CPFer...

LEDrock

Enlightened
Paypal? You've been reading too many horror stories.

I just googled the subject and found sites like paypalsucks.com, although I haven't got a clue as to how widespread the problems reported really are.