Art of the Chopper - a few pics - LINK to Album added

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are a few pictures of motorcycles.

[Edit] Here's a link to the album. Icebreak_ArtOfTheChopper. [/EDIT]

Still learning. They look mediocre, then I reduce them, then they look pretty bad. I guess I should have used VicMan instead of MS PhotoEd. Anyway, maybe they aren't too offensive to the senses. I made an album. I'll get someone to tell me if they can see it before I post it.

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

IMG_2218.jpg

IMG_2454.jpg

IMG_2461.jpg

IMG_2475.jpg

IMG_2476.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2532.jpg

Last edited:

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Art of the Chopper - a few pics

That's better. Seems a little foggier than VicMan but it's much faster as it works in Windows Explorer. What do you think? Improved? I think I'll try Vic or Gimp again. I've posted photos before and the turned out pretty good. That'll teach me to take the easy way out.

IMG_2161Medium.jpg

Last edited:

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, gswitter. It's one of my favorite Choppers at the museum but I keep wanting to see a rear fender on it...something to keep it from eating my shirt tail or anything attached to it. I've got better shots of it in that link.

Some of the bikes have invisible drive components. I think that big brown one with the flames is called "Hubba Hubba"...no rear axle, no chain, no belt, no shaft.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
All of the bikes start and drive.

A trusty SureFire A2 reveals part of Hubba Hubba's secret:

CopyofIMG_2212.jpg

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of the bikes have invisible drive components. I think that big brown one with the flames is called "Hubba Hubba"...no rear axle, no chain, no belt, no shaft.
It's the visible brake on that red one that caught my eye - basically a tranny brake instead of a rear wheel brake.

I've never owned a street bike (nor any bike since I was a kid), but I really enjoy custom/art bikes. Few TV shows have ever sucked me in like Biker Build-Off. :shrug:

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kiessling -

I had the same thoughts. The best I could figure is that the whole thing works like a big axle bearing.

It's the visible brake on that red one that caught my eye - basically a tranny brake instead of a rear wheel brake.

Good eye. I had thought it might be a suicide clutch. If we go back I'll take a tighter shot of it, though I'm sure you're right.

CopyofIMG_2472.jpg

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somebody wanted a cropped version of this one. The trees have ice on them except for the evergreens.

IMG_2544CROPPED800BY600.jpg

SureAddicted

Enlightened
Somebody wanted a cropped version of this one. The trees have ice on them except for the evergreens.

IMG_2544CROPPED800BY600.jpg

Awesome looking machine. There doesn't seem to be much clearance though, especially when you sit on it, seems to me it would drag on the ground. Is it just the angle the pic is taken?

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, ah, it's really that low. About an inch. I wondered about that too so I looked for some kind of hydraulics trickery and found none. I'm only guessing but I think it may be some aesthetics envelope pushing. Like, "How low can she go!".

SureAddicted

Enlightened
No, ah, it's really that low. About an inch. I wondered about that too so I looked for some kind of hydraulics trickery and found none. I'm only guessing but I think it may be some aesthetics envelope pushing. Like, "How low can she go!".

erm she is low enough lol. I really dig it but I'd be to worried about riding it. You would want to keep it in pristine condition.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
erm she is low enough lol. I really dig it but I'd be to worried about riding it. You would want to keep it in pristine condition.
I think I'd be worried about riding any of those bikes for fear of damaging them. They're really all works of art.

This one is my favorite in terms of engineering:

IMG_2532b.jpg

It really looks like the wheels are floating relative to the frame.

And this is my favorite in terms of pure art (but it was a hard choice picking a favorite as they're all fantastic):

IMG_2494b.jpg

I love all the colors. It must have taken months to plan and paint that.

sami_voodoo

Newly Enlightened
OK. Here's another try using GIMP. Apologies for the dupes.

IMG_2230b.jpg

I wonder if you've seen the "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen"? This bike would look absolutely in its element in it. It's like someone asked a bike designer of the '30s to design a future bike and he came up with this. All the way down to the rocker damper and leaf spring on the front swingarm.

I hope you don't mind, but I've put one of your pictures from photobucket as a my desktop background :sssh:

Cheers!
Sami

edit: I even see a spring-preload knob/T at the front!

Flashlight Enthusiast
The centerless hub on that one bike is awesome. I don't care for the drive system though. I would prefer to see some sort of positive action system. Not just a tire turning another tire.