• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Surefire M500A Mod

pee10755

Newly Enlightened
I am currently using the surefire M500A light foreend on a Bushmaster AR15. I use this as my duty rifle. The light runs on three CR123 cells and uses a 125 or a 225 lumens bulbs. I like the output of the brighter bulb but the runtime is only 20 min. I know that there are many LED's that can exceed this output with a much longer run time.

Has anyone ever done a modification to this light to an LED?? I would like to modify this light. 20 minutes is not enough.

Any ideas or directions would be greatly appreciated.

pee10755

Newly Enlightened
No, the light is not for sale. I like the light for the rifle. I just want to the higher output with longer run time in LED.

pee10755

Newly Enlightened
No, the light is not for sale. I like the light for the rifle. I just to modify it to run on LED so I can get the higher output with longer run times.

Boltgun

Newly Enlightened
I think he is referring too the fact that this was posted in the mods for sale forum vs the mod forum. That said, you may wanna try the modification that Donn did with a Lumens Factory D36 LED that he used for a Surefire M3 Modification. Go look in the Custom Mod forum for information.

Caveat - Not sure if Donn would put his life on the line with this mod. You may wanna try it out with many range sessions before you use it operationally so you can ensure that it will work when you need it most ;-)

Boltgun