Jack is back!

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank goodness, Jack Bauer is back! After months of garbage on the tele, Jack had his 2 hour premier tonight. It was excellent and sure to please. I sit here, veritably pumped! Action, a plot, and great cinematography. Yeeha! Go get 'em Jack. :thumbsup:

aussiebob

Enlightened
Man, i love that show. Its been off air for friggen ages, bloody writers strike.

Did you see, 24 Redemption, pretty good eh.

Cant wait for 24 to make it over here, shuoldnt be long now..

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Thank goodness, Jack Bauer is back! After months of garbage on the tele, Jack had his 2 hour premier tonight. It was excellent and sure to please. I sit here, veritably pumped! Action, a plot, and great cinematography. Yeeha! Go get 'em Jack. :thumbsup:

Ummm....who?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Ummm....who?

It's essentially the TV version of a modern action movie where this guy runs around and empties the magazines and phones the president and reroutes the encryptions and what not.

I keep seeing the commercial for it over on the Crime & Investigation Network, where in a particular episode Jack is trying to stop an EMP bomb, and he can't get around the encryptions (see!) that access its detonator. He eventually runs out of time and finds himself in the same room as the EMP as it goes off, and the commercial ends with Jack pinned behind an object screaming as the the camera shakes and the white glow of the EMP fills the room..

Every time I see that commerical I wonder how much energy an EMP device would need to light an entire room just by being turned on..

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a big fan of 24. I've seen every episode as it aired since season 1, episode 1, and own all the seasons on DVD. I went back and watched seasons 5 and 6 on DVD again, as well as the 24:Redemption movie in the last 2 weeks, before the season premier last night. Looks like it will be a good season from the little of it I've seen so far, the new setting is a nice change of pace after six years in CA.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Oh, he must be the guy in "24," then? Is that the one that Kiefer Sutherland plays in? I have seen advertisements for 24, tried watching parts of it, never grabbed me.

How many years has this been on? Maybe I'll rent a Season One DVD. Maybe not.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Oh, he must be the guy in "24," then? Is that the one that Kiefer Sutherland plays in? I have seen advertisements for 24, tried watching parts of it, never grabbed me.

How many years has this been on? Maybe I'll rent a Season One DVD. Maybe not.

Lux, not knowing about 24 is like someone saying they have never heard of incan lights. I didn't get involved, but knew about it, until the 3rd season and now I can't miss it. Sort of nuts like a flashaholic. Give it a good try.

Bill

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I've heard of "24" but not to the point of knowing the characters names, and I have never watched an entire episode...and not even a part of an episode in over 5 years.

But then of the top 25 ranked shows at TV.com, I only have watched:

• Heroes
  • Lost
  • Stargate Atlantis
Of those three I watch, I don't think seeing any key actor's first name would mean anything to me. I do agree that the writer's strike and network ratings cancellations have ruined a lot of TV for a lot of people. I'll never get that involved in any TV show again. After the strike, I think Lost is long gone (or should be). Heroes went in the toilet.

Last thing I watched on TV that I really enjoyed was the HBO John Adams mini-series last summer.

I did put Season One, Disc One of "24" in my Netflix queue, however. Maybe I will have something to look forward to.

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
Spoiler
So congress wants to crucify him for doing his job and he's rescued from the investigation by a crisis. Imagine that! I can't believe Tony turned like that. I'm surprised Jack could find him that easily.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just finished watching Season 7,Episode 1 of 24. I couldn't tear myself away.(I also have episodes 2,3,and 4 recorded,though I haven't watched them yet.) Gotta watch them in order,or you really won't get the plot.