Surefire Invictus & Optimus - expectations (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optik49

Enlightened
[Continued from Part 1]

I spoke to customer service at Surefire today and was informed they are now going to release the Invictus before the Optimus. They stated they received so many calls on the Invictus, they decided to release it in June. Has anyone else heard this? I was holding out for the Invictus. Looks like its going to be a shorter wait.

Last edited by a moderator:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Re: Surefire Invictus & Optimus - expectations

Lets see whether SureFire have any on show at SHOT Show later this week.
I very much doubt it'll be a "thrower" in the way that CPF members desire though.

AlecGold

Enlightened

Lets see whether SureFire have any on show at SHOT Show later this week.
I very much doubt it'll be a "thrower" in the way that CPF members desire though.

SHOT show, SHOT show, SHOT show, SHOT show, SHOT show,
SHOOOOOOOOT SHOOOHOOOW.
hehehe.
Just a bit energetic.
:eek:

Shawn L

Newly Enlightened

If your going to Shot Show your going to be surprised with what Surefire is coming out with. Ok I said too much.

Size15's

Flashaholic

If your going to Shot Show your going to be surprised with what Surefire is coming out with. Ok I said too much.
Please forgive me if I get surprised by what SureFire is able to release this year rather than getting all excited by proto-types.
Personally it's far more exciting to be in a position to purchase a new SureFire from a dealer with stock.

Al

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I expect that one day they will be sold as hand held illumination tools by the Surefire company and we will discuss how much we love/hate them for awhile then discuss how to mod them for awhile and finally forget about them when something else comes along.

:laughing: Is that about right?

Arcteryx

Newly Enlightened
It's going to be a huge leap for Surefire if they are able to compete with today's technology. Nearly impossible for them to surpass it. Especially for the money. I'm a huge fan of Surefire... but my money is being spent elsewhere. YMMV.

Size15's

Flashaholic
It's going to be a huge leap for Surefire if they are able to compete with today's technology. Nearly impossible for them to surpass it. Especially for the money. I'm a huge fan of Surefire... but my money is being spent elsewhere. YMMV.
By 'technology' do you mean 'LEDs' ?
Is it possible to be certain about the details of the LEDs SureFire is using?
If SureFire changed the LED it used in several products to increase runtime but didn't change the specs or ratings yet - would CPF notice? I think not.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think... someone said the same about SHOT Show 2008... :crackup:

My expectation for 2009 is for the release of the 2008 products! :kiss:

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
By 'technology' do you mean 'LEDs' ?
Is it possible to be certain about the details of the LEDs SureFire is using?
If SureFire changed the LED it used in several products to increase runtime but didn't change the specs or ratings yet - would CPF notice? I think not.

I think yes.

I mean, there is a lot of guys here that mod their Surefires, and they can say what kind of LED Surefire is using inside their lights.

If I´m not wrong, and based in their information, SF still don´t use Cree Q5 LED pills, unfortunately. :shakehead

AA6TZ

Enlightened
Not an expectation per se, but "wouldn't it be nice" if SureFire, prior to releasing the Optimus and Invictus, updated their UI's to include user programmability? That way, the location of the Strobe and SOS functions and a host of other features would become moot points.

-Clive

Pöbel

Enlightened
most surefire customers are not flashholics. Just people relying on their light. Those guys probably do not want to PROGRAMM a flashlight, just use it.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Not an expectation per se, but "wouldn't it be nice" if SureFire, prior to releasing the Optimus and Invictus, updated their UI's to include user programmability? That way, the location of the Strobe and SOS functions and a host of other features would become moot points.

-Clive

Hell NOOOO !!
That is just the point of those lights ... no freaky menu. Just a KISS interface. They add a menu, I am out. And not just me, I suppose.

bernie

P.S.:

[moderator hat]
Please let's keep this thread on topic. Not the usual bickerng in this one. It will not be tolerated.
[/moderator hat]

Status
Not open for further replies.