surefire E1B flicker

stick1432

Newly Enlightened
I have had my E1B for about 10 weeks now and love it.However i have noticed that when i click on the first stage it will flicker and dim some.So iam wondering if this is a low battery issue or switch problem thanks.

litetube

Enlightened
Well, quickest way to rule one of those out is put a new battery in .
I dont think the switch would cause flickering but the second step would be to clean everything with De-Oxit. I dont know if the stock SF switches can be serviced by the user or not though. Someone else would have to chime in.
If it still flickers contact SF and get a new one . The only thing with that is you may get one with a crappy green tint since they usually just replace not fix.

Newly Enlightened
It's a low battery. 100%.

Your E1B has dropped out of regulation on 'high' mode. Change battery. Problem solved.

My E2DL does the exact same 'flicker then dim' when it drops out of regulation on high mode.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is brand new and it does the same thing on a fully chareged cr123 3.7v (rechargeable) cell.

It doesn't flicker with a stock 3v non-rechargeable.

vb14

Newly Enlightened
Mine is brand new and it does the same thing on a fully chareged cr123 3.7v (rechargeable) cell.

It doesn't flicker with a stock 3v non-rechargeable.

I believe this is because it can not handle the 3.7 volts of a rechargeable. It did the same thing on my E1L, so I sticked with primaries.

stick1432

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the in info the new battery did the trick now i know when to change.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's good to have a little warning that the battery is about dead. I don't like it when some lights just suddenly go dark. It can leave you in a real pinch.
When the battery in my E1B went dead, it didn't happen while it was in use, so I didn't notice any flickering. I knew it was getting close just because of the amount of time I had used it. The next time I turned it on, it went straight to low mode. I wish I would have just left it on at that point, just to see how much additional runtime I would have gotten in the low mode after it dropped out of high. Instead, I just replaced the battery. Oh well, maybe next time!

litetube

Enlightened
Its good when it is an easy fix huh?:thumbsup:

That is a great feature of the E1b for sure and it even does it with rechargeables (at least I found this to be so)

I cant remember the exact amount of time but you do get a fair amount on low before that starts to flicker and you can continue to squeak out more if you let the battery rest and recover for a few.(primaries of course!!)

The E1b head is pretty damn good!!