Learning About Advance Flashlights

XD9

Enlightened
I was wondering if there was anything out there that can guide a n00b on learning the ways of the light :p I am a UNIX/Linux Systems Engineer so I Can take info and learn it pretty well :) I am trying to learn as much as I can about LED and Flashlights so I can start modding my own flash lights or even make my own. I have in deep experience on modding embedded system so I am not new to modding I am well aware of what it takes to modd embedded systems.

Yes I have use the search function and my best friend google... But it does not hurt to ask for a good starting path from those experience veterans.

Thank You!

XD9

Enlightened
Thanks I will be busy for a little bit!
Any body else please feel free!

TIA!

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
You need to know these:

1. Ohm's law and kirchoff's law.
2. What are resistors and capacitors for, how do they change the current/voltage
3. High priced bright ≠ best
4. And most important of all you MUST read through CPF to understand basic stuffs about high power Led flashlights.

Before start modding, you should start buying. Make a good investment on a reliable light, then play with cheapers ones. When i was starting on the flashlight stuff, ignored this advice and bought many cheapos.. now i realize they all were waste of money

Last edited:

XD9

Enlightened
Before start modding, you should start buying. Make a good investment on a reliable light, then play with cheapers ones. When i was starting on the flashlight stuff, ignored this advice and bought many cheapos.. now i realize they all were waste of money

Thanks for your Advice. Right now I own a Fenix PD20 Q5 Premium, Suriefire E2DL, Akoray K-109, and a TrustFire TR-801.

I am catching up with the differences.. :) My next purchase will be a Nitecore and a NovaTac