Ra Clicky 140Cn & Ra Clicky 140C-GT>> Head to head shootout! **More beamshots added**

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Ra Clicky 140Cn & Ra Clicky 140C-GT>> Head to head shootout! **More beamshots added**

OK, didnt want this to get lost in the Clicky thread. This is for those of you who can't choose what model you want. I'll inform, you decide. :)

The lottery is always an issue, but my particular Cn is warmer than my GT, I absolutley love it! :thumbsup:

Heres the beamshots, all taken on burst, 140lumens. Manual mode, same exposure for ech shot.

Enjoy. :D

Rashootout001.jpg

Rashootout002.jpg

Rashootout003.jpg

Rashootout004.jpg

Rashootout005.jpg

Rashootout006.jpg

Rashootout007.jpg

Rashootout008.jpg

Last edited:

litetube

Enlightened
Re: Ra Clicky 140Cn & Ra Clicky 140C-GT>> Head to head shootout!

I asm having a hard time telling which is brighter and putting out more light. In one set it seems to be the CN but in another it is the GT SSC:thinking:

shomie911

Enlightened

Gotta love the Cn!

I love mine, it's been in my pocket since the day I got it. :D

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

Well, they both put out 140 lumens. What were looking at here is the difference in the beams due to the different size focal spots. They are damn close, but there is a significant difference IMO. ;)

shomie911

Enlightened

Well, they both put out 140 lumens. What were looking at here is the difference in the beams due to the different size focal spots. They are damn close, but there is a significant difference IMO. ;)

The Cn still has a usable corona around the hotspot almost as big as the C, with bright spill. It just has a tighter, brighter hotspot.

Different models for different people though, just because I like the Cn doesn't mean the people reading this will. The C and C-GT are just as good. :twothumbs

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks PSM - nice shots and just what I needed again to confirm the Cn is the right choice for my taste :twothumbs

It doesn't look like a lot of difference in spill/throw but the tint is very noticeable and the Cn really looks better to me. Just a little more :popcorn: and I'll have my Cn
n025nb1.gif

antiplex

Newly Enlightened

thank you very much for these comparison shots!
the illustrate well the differences between the beamshapes of these lights.

the color temperature is interesting, i wonder if you have a superwarm cn or if this is normal? looks nice and i now understand what you meant with punchyness.

wonder how the runtime turns out on these two beauties, i mean if the warmer cn might still run longer than the gt. if you ever find out something about that let us know, ok? no need to waste 2 primary batteries just for another test if you ask me...

in my case i'll tend to order a gt since that wonderful flood is just what i'm looking for. i hope henry will announce aa-tubes soon...

Pabs D

Newly Enlightened

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is the GT (guaranteed tint) supposed to be warmer or cooler? I'm looking into one of these, but may start with a twisty first.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, thanks very much for these shots! :twothumbs

The one at 180 feet confirms also my decision for the 140C, the "way" to the hotspot is brighter, while teh hotspot itself is dimmer. Just what I like! :cool:

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is the GT (guaranteed tint) supposed to be warmer or cooler? I'm looking into one of these, but may start with a twisty first.
PSM beat me to it. The GTs are close to pure white. There will be warmer and cooler variations from the other lights - no guaranty, just luck of the draw. I do not have a CN, but some folks say theirs have nice tints. Of course, I've read color tint horror stories (about some CNs) as well. Once again, pure luck. When compared to my cooler tinted 85-TR, blues and greens are rendered much more natually with the GT. Slight color shade differences are more noticable, etc.

Some like the warmer tint that more closely resembles incandescent lights. I wanted a white, white, so I chose the GT. Isn't it great that we have these kind of choices in high-end lights?

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

thank you very much for these comparison shots!
the illustrate well the differences between the beamshapes of these lights.

the color temperature is interesting, i wonder if you have a superwarm cn or if this is normal? looks nice and i now understand what you meant with punchyness.

wonder how the runtime turns out on these two beauties, i mean if the warmer cn might still run longer than the gt. if you ever find out something about that let us know, ok? no need to waste 2 primary batteries just for another test if you ask me...

in my case i'll tend to order a gt since that wonderful flood is just what i'm looking for. i hope henry will announce aa-tubes soon...

I believe Henry said the Cn overall seemed to be getting a little longer runtimes than the C and CGT.

CGT is supposed to be equal to Sun light at 12 Noon IIRC. I've got a GT in Henry's original HDS Ultimate and really like it. I've got a couple lights with the Osram Golden Dragon and they are all very nice white tints - maybe leaning just a bit to the warm side.

Enzo Morocioli

Enlightened

I believe Henry said the Cn overall seemed to be getting a little longer runtimes than the C and CGT.

From the numbers I've been gathering, CGT is the king of runtime! Cn takes second place, followed by C, and lastly WWCN.

Last edited:

Pabs D

Newly Enlightened

PSM beat me to it. The GTs are close to pure white. There will be warmer and cooler variations from the other lights - no guaranty, just luck of the draw. I do not have a CN, but some folks say theirs have nice tints. Of course, I've read color tint horror stories (about some CNs) as well. Once again, pure luck. When compared to my cooler tinted 85-TR, blues and greens are rendered much more natually with the GT. Slight color shade differences are more noticable, etc.

Some like the warmer tint that more closely resembles incandescent lights. I wanted a white, white, so I chose the GT. Isn't it great that we have these kind of choices in high-end lights?

Thanks for the info on the GTs. Yes, I'm slowly getting drawn into the world of flashlights and all the variations. Slowly being the key word here, hehe. :whistle:

luxlover

Banned

OK, didnt want this to get lost in the Clicky thread. This is for those of you who can't choose what model you want. I'll inform, you decide. :)

Heres the beamshots, all taken on burst, 140lumens. Manual mode, same exposure for each shot.

Enjoy:D
Nice to see you stepping out of "the compound" to take these excellent shots. There is nothing as striking to a flashaholic as beamshots, especially in a wooded area. Very good comparison of lights, although they look basically the same. But the subtle differences will have a buyer go one way or another.

My 140C has all "the right stuff" for ME, and I am completely happy with it's tint and performance. In fact, when both are aimed at a wall, my 100Tw Twisty and the Clicky have identical tints. I have never seen this before in any pairing of my lights. Bravo to Henry!

Cgt is supposed to be equal to sunlight at 12 Noon, IIRC.
From my readings in the past by Henry, he described the GT version as you stated. plus occuring in the northern hemisphere, in the summer. Also, the color temp. is 5,469 degrees K. (or is it 5,649?)

Thanks for the info on the GTs. Yes, I'm slowly getting drawn into the world of flashlights and all the variations. Slowly being the key word here, hehe.:whistle:
While it is wise to make intelligent decisions about lights, weighing the pros and cons of one model vs another, don't proceed too sloooowly! Ownership of a Clicky is much more gratifying than being a "CPF window shopper." :nana: You have more Clicky models to choose from than columns on a Chinese menu, so do your studying and join the Club. There is a wealth of info on the four models.

Jeff

Last edited:

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast

THANK YOU!

This is the first time I've considered spending this much on an LED, and I was waiting for this comparison until deciding between these two. This thread is just what I was hoping for!

It seems to me like (disregarding tint) the Cn is preferable because the hotspot doesn't get much narrower for a significant increase in throw. Is this the impression you get in real life?

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

Correct, the beams arent that different, but the throw on the Cn is definatley noticable, while the floodiness of the GT is noticable. Overall they would be the same to the untrained eye, just not us CPFers. :naughty:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

Here are some more beamshots that are more exposed than the previous ones I took, the camera took the same exposure for each shot. The lights were on burst for all photos.

Also, I added a white dot where the central ray was aimed, this will aid in rendering the differences in the corona/spill.

Enjoy. :)

Rashootout011.jpg

Rashootout012.jpg

Rashootout009.jpg

Rashootout010.jpg

SaturnNyne

Enlightened
Re: Ra Clicky 140Cn & Ra Clicky 140C-GT>> Head to head shootout! **More beamshots add

Guess I should post this here as well as in the depths of the Clicky thread. These aren't as helpful as yours, but here are some more quick attempts at Clicky beamshots:

http://picasaweb.google.com/saturnnyne/ClickyBeamshots#

(The wall shots aren't good for giving an idea of tint, the wall is actually slightly blue; the Cgt is fairly accurately showing the color of the wall, it's not actually ghastly blue compared to the other lights, as it sometimes appears here.)

Unfortunately, I was dumb about it, so I'm disappointed in the results. Didn't take notes and then had trouble figuring out what everything was later, so there are a few I'm not absolutely positive on. Tried to get some color shots, but I didn't think to let the camera auto-expose them to equalize brightness, so I just kept on with the manual exposures like I'd used for the wall shots. And we were in a rush and had some trouble maintaining aiming consistency too, so some of the shots just didn't work and I didn't notice until I reviewed them later. I later tried to make up for that by doing some more color shots on my own using Enzo's 140Cn, my 140Cgt, my Inova T1-K2TFFC (my former best led tint), and my Malkoff M60WL (my new best led tint); these came out ok, but I had to toss some of the Cgt shots because for some reason they just did not come out the way I saw them in person, making it look inferior to the Cn. For those shots, please keep in mind that my M60WL is significantly warmer than the wwCn, though their rendering qualities are still quite similar.