Which head for older SF L1

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I've had both types too, the one thing I liked about the older version of the L1 is that the low was low enough for night-adapted vision, unlike the too-high low on the new L1. There really isn't a cost-effective way to upgrade the older ones, your best bet would probably be to sell yours on the Marketplace and purchase another current-generation L1.

There's no harm in having both, though.:tinfoil:

Last edited:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: what head to upgrade SF L1

I would send it to Milkyspit to be modded :twothumbs

wrencher

Newly Enlightened

The L1 is a great light as is. The best improvement Is to send the light to Milkyspit and have him turn it into a ML1. Check out his thread in the Custom & mod B/S/T forum. He does excellent work.

Jeff

DM51

Flashaholic

Just because you did not receive an answer to your satisfaction with your first thread is no excuse for posting a second thread asking the same question. I've merged the 2 threads here. Please do not do this again, or your activity here will be suspended.

sierracharlie

Newly Enlightened
I have the Milky L1 and the McGizmo Mule Head. Both are great solutions. I think I prefer the Milky but the Mule Head is great for indoor areas and especially perfect in the car.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I bought a new L1 last week but want to get a brighter screw on head for the older L1. It has the Luxeon led with the square beam. It is the second generation I believe and was rated abou 35 lumens.

What kind of screw on cost effective options do I have? I don't want to solder or anything. Thanks

... There really isn't a cost-effective way to upgrade the older ones, your best bet would probably be to sell yours on the Marketplace and purchase another current-generation L1.

I didn't get any answers last time I asked, so I ask again...

Dumb Head made by McGizmo
I was trying to be helpful. Bogie is also trying to be helpful. The part he refers to is $90. You can buy new Cree L1's for ~$120. Do the math. Milky's are more expensive but worth it for people who want a quality product. You ask for something cost effective, IMO there wasn't anything that was cost effective. Bogie is more polite than you obviously are. As long as you're being rude, just WTH do you need?:shrug: