A21 housing body? Surefire vs Solarforce.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just assembled my own 3P using an LU60 adaptor. The 6P bezel w/ P60 xenon fit like a glove. The twistie from the 6P fit the A21 housing body.

When I tried to connect the A21 housing body to the LU60 the treads wouldn't meet. At this time I only have the solarforce 6P to 9P extention. I cut the solarforce 1/4 in, now the threads reach the LU60 adaptor, but my cutting and grinding doesn't look pretty, but effectively I now have a 3P that measures 3.6in in lenght and works.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/216754&highlight=Surefire+Universal+Housing+Body+A21

Look at the Surefire 3p PARTS by a fellow member. I was wondering did he have to cut the A21 housing body to make the threads reach the LU60 adaptor, or is this just the case with the Solarforce extention tube???????

My 3P parts looks just like his, except mines not as clean cut.:whistle:

9x23

Enlightened
Hi Bigchelis,

Are you sure the Solarforce isn't a copy of the Surefire A19 instead of the A21? The A19 is the 1 cell extender that allows a 6P to effectively become a 9P, whereas the A21 is used with the weaponlight. I think you need the A21 to allow for the LU60 adapter to fit. In any event let us know what you find out. I've been looking to do the same "parts" 3P project and from what I could gather the Surefire A21 Universal Housing Body is what you need. That will allow for a C tailcap to screw on one end, and LU60 adapter on the other end, and then the lamp assembly and bezel, in that order.

9x23