The Mother Of All Flashlights

Skyeye

Enlightened
Today I came upon what I call "The Mother Of All Flashlights"!

I was perusing the flashlight bin at my local Goodwill store when the manager came up to me and said "come see what I got". He reached behind a counter and produced this enormous halogen light. It had a reflector as big as a trains headlight and when he turned it on the heat from the reflector was awesome! It is made by a company called Professional's Favorite. You can watch a video of this light on thier website.
http://www.professionalsfavorite.com/professionalsfavorite/CandleSpotlight.asp

It came with a 12v charging transformer and the whole system looks brand new. It's well made with a lot of thick rubber all around the edges and handle and has a multi-adjustable stand. It also comes with a 12v recepticle for using other appliances off it's big battery. The bulb is a dual filament type and there are switches near the charging area that you can chose from low to high beam. Seems to be pretty water resistant.

This is the largest hand held light I have seen im my entire time in portable lighting. It will come in handy this hurricane season not to mention other times when I want to cook outdoors.:laughing: I think it's going to be a veritable blast to shoot down the street! I will go out tonight and try to get some beam shots. I would imagine on high beam the runtime will not be too long. With my senior cit discount, $8.99

How you like me now?:naughty:
(that's a standard 3D maglite clone next to the Mutha)

sized_P1010001-1-5.jpg

sized_P1010002-1-5.jpg

sized_P1010003-1-6.jpg

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice Score at under $9.00!!!:thumbsup:

Now you need to spend a few bucks on it an mod it to HID..:naughty:

Skyeye

Enlightened
DaFab, I don't know how you would gain anything by modding this monsta!

Is there a hotter bulb for this kind of light? The Goodwill manager told me that Radio Shack can get the replacement bulbs. I would imagine they would be cheaper from the parent company. Anyway there is a spare bulb under the battery compartment door.:twothumbs

kramer5150

Flashaholic
you got that for $8 !!! dang, sweetness!!

I frequent my local goodwill stores all the time... you never know what you might find. I wonder if its commonplace for them to stash way the really nice merchandise.

Nice and thanks for sharing:)

Skyeye

Enlightened
This particular light was under the counter awaiting a price sticker. If I would have come in a couple of hours later it would have been "el gono".

It sells today from Advanced Auto Parts for $42.00.:crackup:

Armed_Forces

Enlightened
I thought that was a 2AA Mini-Mag until I noticed the thumbswitch!!!

..I hope you don't have back-problems trying to tote that b@stard. Then again, I do see it has a shoulder strap! :crackup:

+1 for a clip! :p

Skyeye

Enlightened
The more I hold it and look upon it, it remids me of some hardware from one of the "Alien" movies!:faint:

When I turn it on I swear I feel a slight recoil. (just kidding)

shomie911

Enlightened
The more I hold it and look upon it, it remids me of some hardware from one of the "Alien" movies!:faint:

When I turn it on I swear I feel a slight recoil. (just kidding)

:laughing:

Great score especially for $8.

Maybe I should go to Goodwill.... :D

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great score for $8 I'll give you $10 now that's a clear profit :devil:

But really I would like to se it in action also :popcorn:

[edit]looking at it again it looks like it comes with a spare tyre lol that is one huge reflector as well,oh did someone mention a pocket clip hmm more like you would need a crane to carry it,still a very good snag though.

Last edited:

Cydonia

Enlightened
Is it easy to open up (it would have to be for replacing the SLA battery right?) What's the run time? How many lumens does it pump out...where are the beam shots... when are you going to mod it... :D

Skyeye

Enlightened
Cyd, there are two large screw head knobs in the rear and once open the door flops down on hinges to reveal the battery and connections. Looks easy to replace. According to their website, the run time on high is 30 minutes and much longer on low. Mod? U can't be serious!

I don't have a luminosity meter to count the lumens but a beam shot is coming within the hour.:grin2:

Last edited:

sappyg

Enlightened
way cool skyeye :thumbsup:i bet when you plug that sucker up to charge it the lights dim. we gotta see those beam shots:popcorn:

Skyeye

Enlightened
Heah id da beam shot!

Be advised, I had to brave a 25mph wind with a chill of 35deg's to get this shot. Us sauthern boyz ain't used to cold plus I'm old. My hands were shaking so it's not as sharp as it could be. The dynamics of the photo is that the beam is directed at a 40ft. diameter magnolia tree about a half a block away. Later I will use a tripod and perhaps get a better shot. Overall the beam goes out in a tight band with moderate spill both at the light and the penumbra of the beam. I think this thing will go a couple of blocks and still be effective. In a totally dark area it would be majestic to say the least.

sized_Untitled-Scanned-4.jpg

It are plenty powerful!:eek:

Last edited:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweet for $8. That makes scoring a HID kit off ebay an affordable mod to make it HID!! Maybe even get a single bulb/ballast from a salvaged item on ebay to save more money, or buy a pair and sell the other for another modder.