Any rumors as to when we will see a fenix mc-e or p7 light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cydonia

Enlightened
It is taking Fenix a long time to come out with one isn't it? I mean, there are quite a few P7 lights on DX for quite some time. Has Fenix dropped the ball? :D

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
How long has the legion II been in the design and testing stages? Quality takes time.

As for has fenix dropped the ball, that's a different thread, but IMO, yes ;)

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
I for one am glad Fenix didn't rush out with a light as quickly and clumsily as DX. Hopefully they will soon release a MC-E flashlight that shows the time put into it.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
There is a rumor that there will be a proto Fenix MC-E at SHOT.

It's a rumor I just pulled out of thin air a few seconds ago!

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to see a P3D with a Cree XP-E. Those l.e.d.s have R2 bins in production quantities. An MC-E or P7 would only work for the T and TK series as they need more heatsinking. They may be waiting for Cree to produce those 161 lumen/watt Cree XR-E's in production quantities to put those in. Currently, there's nothing higher than Q5 and R2 bins available. I can't wait for them to put one of those 161 lumen/watt l.e.d.s in a P3D or L2D. I want a 300+ lumen pocket rocket that doesn't cook the l.e.d. or burn through batteries. A three ounce light nearly as bright as a million candlepower spotlight is very appealing for backpacking, as well as playing around with without anyone finding out where the light came from.

Toaster

Enlightened
Past history suggests Fenix really isn't interested in lights using multi-emitter LEDs.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Past history suggests Fenix really isn't interested in lights using multi-emitter LEDs.
Well maybe semantics, but put multiple emitters on one dye and you could say you have a single emitter with 4 light sources... It's a 4 Core CPU; I mean LED.

I don't think they are avoiding the MC, but a good question for them at SHOT where the HOT! rumour is they will be talking if not showing an MC-E based light. :sssh:

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
First let me say that Fenix is perhaps my favorite manufacturer and the service I receive from 7777/fenix-store is second to none.

But when it comes to dropping the ball, I feel they really passed up the opportunity to be a leader in the headlamp market when they designed a silly headband instead of an actual headlamp. But I am still hopeful that they will someday produce an actual headlamp.

I would really like for them to produce a multi-die light, but since they have nothing to offer, I've just ordered a Dereelight . . . .

Last edited:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think they aren't in a hurry to make one is because the market demand isn't big. I know I won't buy one if they make it.

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd buy one too. I came close to getting a TK11, but got a TK20 in the meantime and I've been saving up until something REALLY groundbreaking comes out from Fenix.

1996alnl

Enlightened
I think they aren't in a hurry to make one is because the market demand isn't big. I know I won't buy one if they make it.

Why not?
These new emitters are the cats *** when it comes to LED brightness:thumbsup:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
completely off topic but Jetbeam has come out with an MC-E light, gonna get that and to bring it slightly back on topic, i will probably get a fenix MC-E light if they come out with it too

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
i would buy a headlamp also. i think there is a demand for the headlamp or at least very high markup because of the lack of competition.

they are very safe in their models and are really behind in the innovating.
i wonder how the market is split between all the chinese manufacturers.

anywho,
fenix is making those leatherman's now so i think they are more mainstream which is the way to make money.

Status
Not open for further replies.