Eagletac P10C trouble

sawdustmaker

Newly Enlightened
I got an Eagletac P10c for Christmas and every thing was fine at first, the switch worked fine and the light felt good and worked great. i love it:thumbsup: Within ten minutes I went to turn it on and it just barely turns on. I can comfortably stare into the beam. And can barely see the spot on my hand. I unscrewed the light and took the battery out, looked it over and put it back and it works fine. Only to do the same thing again several more times later that day and the next and still does it when It feels like it. Now the forward clickie switch will not stay clicked on. It will turn on, but has to be held on.
Not one, but Two malfunctions. What is going on?

sawdustmaker

Newly Enlightened
I got it from PTS
I emailed them, they will prolly reply tomorrow.
I am assuming that if i get another p10c i will never see either of these problems again. Has anyone else had trouble with their eagletacs?
I just don't like seeing two such defects in one model.

thanks guys

Gadgetman7

Enlightened
I had trouble with a switch in a P10C as well. I also noticed that the switch can unscrew and cause some of the problems you're talking about. If you can, take the switch apart, clean it, relube it and put it back together - tight! That eliminated the issues with my P10C.

Having said that I also have a T10C with a defective switch (Wouldn't work at all occasionally.) The Eagletac store told me to just return it.

Good luck...

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
My P10C hasnt had any issues but my T10C has an occasional flicker on high. I assume its the switch or the contact ring in the head. One of these days I'll clean it all out and relube it, but for now Ive switched to the P10C as my EDC. The crenelated bezels solidified them as my current EDC lights.

sawdustmaker

Newly Enlightened
I had trouble with a switch in a P10C as well. I also noticed that the switch can unscrew and cause some of the problems you're talking about. If you can, take the switch apart, clean it, relube it and put it back together - tight! That eliminated the issues with my P10C.

Having said that I also have a T10C with a defective switch (Wouldn't work at all occasionally.) The Eagletac store told me to just return it.

Good luck...

Done....
No trouble now(with the switch at least)
Thx Gadgetman

Still waiting on PTS...

deranged_coder

Enlightened

Good luck...

Yup, saw a similar oddity when I was first playing with my T10C and cleaning (I used Deoxit red and Deoxit gold on all the contacts), re-lubing and re-assembling the light (making sure the tail switch was screwed on tight) took care of it. I have not had any issues with it since.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I recieved my T10L, the switch was lose, and the washer-ey thing retaining it was farther down the tailcap (closer to the opening of the tailcap). This caused problems somewhat similar to yours, since the cap was not screwing down all the way. I don't know how similar the interior workings are, but all the eagletac lights seem to be close siblings. I fixed the problem by screwing the tailcap down all the way, which tightened the washer-like ring the holds the switch in.

Last edited:

EagleTac

Newly Enlightened
I got an Eagletac P10c for Christmas and every thing was fine at first, the switch worked fine and the light felt good and worked great. i love it:thumbsup: Within ten minutes I went to turn it on and it just barely turns on. I can comfortably stare into the beam. And can barely see the spot on my hand. I unscrewed the light and took the battery out, looked it over and put it back and it works fine. Only to do the same thing again several more times later that day and the next and still does it when It feels like it. Now the forward clickie switch will not stay clicked on. It will turn on, but has to be held on.
Not one, but Two malfunctions. What is going on?

Dear Sawdustmaker

I'm Nicole from EagleTac. As others have suggested earlier, try using a pair of tweezers to tighten the washer at the back of the P10 tailcap, it will ensure superior connectivity. This should solve both issues at once. Also, ensure the thread between the head and the body tube is clean, by wiping excessive lube with clothes that leaves no residual.

For T10C, ensure the tailcap ring that screws onto the back of the body tube is tighten for trusted connectivity. The internal switch conducts with the machined flat surface inside the body tube.

supergravy

Newly Enlightened
Still waiting on PTS...

I have had recent frustration getting no response from PTS by email and would highly recommend that you try calling if you do end up needing any further help from them.

More importantly I am happy to know this information about the switch! So far my T10L has been running perfectly and is one of my favorite lights.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every few times I turn on the switch, the light flickers slightly right when the switch engages. Is this normal, and does this happen to anyone else?