She Laughs At Me v.areWeCrazy

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whenever I bust the camera out and start setting things up to take a picture of my flashlights, or knives, or gear, or shoes or whatever my girlfriend laughs at me and says I'm crazy. She says I'm crazy for having so many in the first place, she says I'm crazy for picking different backgrounds, and fussing with the positioning, and that I'm crazy for posting them.

But then I picture you out there doing the same thing, some with outstanding stuff and results, and everyone with the same fascination and passion and I think to myself "WTF does she know?" :nana:

My new McGizmo Ti-PD-S-Mizer :party: (shown with RaidOps Buster)

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I understand, Hoople. Usually I'll wait for my wife to be out of the house or asleep before I start a photo shoot. No sense revealing I'm crazier than she already knows I am.

Geoff

StarHalo

Flashaholic
My wife makes suggestions about my flashlight photos, about different backgrounds, lighting, etc. I think it's just because she approves of the photography hobby more than the flashlight one..

Burgess

Flashaholic
Perhaps, if you began photographing some

scantily-clad young ladies in suggestive poses,

your wife might suddenly start supporting

yer' hobby of flashlights, knives, watches, etc.

:whistle:

Now, tell me who's crazy, eh ?

:)
_

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Whenever I bust the camera out and start setting things up to take a picture of my flashlights, or knives, or gear, or shoes or whatever my girlfriend laughs at me and says I'm crazy. She says I'm crazy for having so many in the first place, she says I'm crazy for picking different backgrounds, and fussing with the positioning, and....

Hide one of the shoes from her favorite pair. She'll stop calling you crazy, once she goes crazy. :thumbsup:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Hide one of the shoes from her favorite pair. She'll stop calling you crazy, once she goes crazy. :thumbsup:

:crackup:

Always keep reminding her that you could have *other* hobbies she's appreciate way less than just a few flashlights. Knives wokr very well for me as a threat. Or 1:48 airplane models cluttering up the appartment :D

bernie

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Thats a hilarious idea!! I am using that one some day!!! :crackup: :crackup:

I am not legally responsible for any consequences suffered by any CPFer who gets caught in the act, by an angry girlfriend, wife, or mistress. :lolsign:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Tell her it could a lot worse. You could be into model railroading, and the entire house could end up being a layout. Actually, I'm planning something along those lines should I ever get my own place. :devil:

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
She's only laughing; enjoy it while you can. When you've filled the entire garage with your toys and had to build a shed outside for her gardening stuff, she will not be laughing.

:buddies:

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps, if you began photographing some
scantily-clad young ladies in suggestive poses,
your wife might suddenly start supporting
yer' hobby of flashlights, knives, watches, etc.
This doesn't work if you have a bisexual wife/gf :p

My gf doesn't bother me about the lights. Then again, I've never spent more than €35 on one... but I do have quite a few.
Whenever she sees me working at some new LED-related project she's actually curious and very supportive. It's great to have an understanding significant other. :)