Good budget HID...

gsxrac

Enlightened
Hey never done much with handheld HID's but ive been looking into them alot more lately since I started putting them in vehicles. Who makes a good reliable (bright as possible) light setup and where can I get it? PREFERABLY under $150 as its my first HID flashlight and im on a college student budget!

gsxrac

Enlightened
Which would you say is the better of the two? And sorry about the PM lol I was a little premature. I saw where you said your N30 might be looking for a new home (in the L35 thread) and then PM'd you but then got further into the thread a few pages and saw that it was gonna be a bday present lol

Patriot

Flashaholic
The N30 for sure. It does everything as good or better but the POB does throw a little further. My N30 gets far more use than my POB.

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
I own both, and IMHO the N30 is a much nicer light. It is brighter (more light output), much smaller and lighter weight, and still has amazing throw for its size (can light up objects 1/2 a mile away). The N30 also gives much better color rendition than the Power On Board HID, as the Power On Board's beam has a blue tint and the N30's beam is very white by comparison.

I highly recommend the N30.:)

Here is a link to my beamshots comparing the N30 to the POB, along with some other lights. Notice how the N30 is brighter and has a much wider and more usable beam.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2729546&postcount=116

Last edited:

gsxrac

Enlightened
I like the N30 a lot but I also like the upgradability of the POB so I might just get both lol. Ive already got a bulb choice but is there any affordable way to upgrade the POB to a Li-Poly or something better than the stock batt?

BVH

Flashaholic
Sorry to sort of hijack your thread but I am thinking of selling one of my 3 N30's to make way for the L35 when it arrives. I alternate usage over all three so each one might have between 10 and 15 hours total usage time and look like they did when they came out of the box. I don't have the box so it's just the light and charger. IF interested, PM me.