P7 w/ single CR123 Light; RC-C3 Mod

magudaman

Newly Enlightened
So after trying DX Romisen RC-C3 light a while ago I was very impressed in general and it has become my first EDC. It is bright, tiny, and has seen a lot of use over the last year. But in the last couple months I really wanted something that could be an EDC but have the brightness of something much larger.

So I purchased a P7 LED, worked for a couple hours and got it into a new RC-C3 light. It isn't my best work but I do love this new little light. I'm powering it with a AW high current CR123 battery to keep that voltage up. I'll get some throw beam shots up tonight so you can really see how bright this beast is.
But for now here are these:

Here is the light next to my original RC-C3
mainld4.jpg

Look at the size of that monster!

dsc02133ut0.jpg

ledwe1.jpg

Here is my infrared thermometer doing a constant read on the light with pictures at 15 second intervals. It warms up a little too fast, but its fun!
warmupvp6.jpg

I will put up those beam shots tonight!

Hrvoje

Newly Enlightened
Nice. I'm fan of small flashlights with powerful owerkilled LED-s:thumbsup: . I'm thinking about similar modding with AA/14500 sized flashlight and multi mode driver. Did you used stock driver or something else?

Hrvoje

magudaman

Newly Enlightened
I wish there was a driver that could fit and do high current boosting b/c right now I am just doing direct drive. It pulls around 1.75 amps but of course that changes significantly depending on the state of charge. Still it beats the heck out of my 800ma that is normally pulled in this light.

dudu84

Enlightened
What a beast you got there, Magudaman!

I guess that's why "It's not size that matters" :D

BTW, do you know the diameter of the driver?
I ordered a 17mm 2-mode 1000mA driver from KD and planning to use a R2, hopefully it will fit :candle:

DN