• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FOUND: Titanium SF C-series compatible Tailcap

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know if these have been made before or not. Thought I'd remembered seeing one on a TB light not too long ago. Intended application is replacing the SW02 on an M3 with something a bit more shiny. PM if you've got anything. I can go $$ or possibly work out a trade. :eek:

FOUND

Last edited:
Re: WTB: Titanium SF C-series compatible Tailcap

Bruce, the only titanium C Series-size tailcap I've ever seen was made by TranquillityBase and it was on the Raptor. This will probably be a tough find. But good luck to you!

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's it! I knew I saw one somewhere, didn't fuhgetaboutit grab that one?
The Ti Raptor from TranquillityBase.

The light is one of only a few Ti lights ever made with a C-Series size tailcap.

Raptor2.jpg

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic

Actually, TB made two C-Series caps; the Surefire clone clicky on Raptor and this Z41 clone twisty:

IMGP2443.jpg

IMGP2442.jpg

Once I find a longer tube for it, it's going to get an AW soft-start switch, and I'll have a Titanium hotwire! :D

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looks nice donn, I'm very jealous. :cool: I'm kinda curious why there's such a small number of them. There's SOOO many E-series Ti clicky's, but only 2 C-series? Is there something difficult about the threads, or is the demand limited?

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic

As far as I know, there are only 2 C-tail Titanium tubes out there. Maybe no one thought there would be a market for Ti caps on SF lights.

IMGP2444.jpg

It looks pretty good having Ti on both ends of the M3.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sure does, each pic is making me more and more jealous. When you said that there's only 2 C-tail Titanium tubes out there, is there any advise whether or whether not to run a Ti cap on an Al tube? I run a MM Ti tailcap on an L4 body with no issues yet, didn't know if there was some chemical interaction between the two metals that I should be aware about.

donn_

Flashaholic

No problem I can think of. People have been using Ti bezel rings on aluminum lights for quite some time. I've never heard of a problem.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll try one more bump to see if there's any custom builders possibly interested in making one.

FOUND

Last edited:

dcjs

Newly Enlightened

I've got two single cell C tail E head bodies and a C tailcap in Ti, so there's at least one more out there. :nana:

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've got two single cell C tail E head bodies and a C tailcap in Ti, so there's at least one more out there. :nana:

NICE David!
happy new year:party: