Rotary switches for a flashlight

jaygrant

Newly Enlightened
Do any of you have any sources for small DC 3 position rotary switches, that would fit in a Mag D body in place of the stock switch?

I'm looking at something that would take anywhere from the 10A to 30A range and function OFF-ON-ON.

I'm not finding much. I found one that might work, but it's in the UK. Most are too big, or only like 2-3 amps.

Thanks,

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow. brutal ratings You search for ...

An idea might be something like:
http://www1.at.conrad.com/scripts/w...ETRIEBSSPAN.+300+V&bild_ungleich=1&akt_image=

when contact is closed, each of them does stand 5 A, so just use all four of a 4*3 in parallel
(but has only 0.15 A @ 250 V when switching. If Your light has some kind of ramp-up-:poof:-protection for the bulb, it should still work)

there are even "similar" ones offering 2 switching levels, making them 2 times 4*3.
If that physically fits in ...

Or, try some circuit that is worked by a momentary pushbutton and forces some relays

jaygrant

Newly Enlightened
Well I don't know, 15A is about the minimum for a using 100w 12v bulb isn't it? I was thinking also of the auto/boat lines. I know there's lots of high amp 12V toggles, but rotaty ones are hard to find. Actually one like an older style windshield wiper switch comes to mind, but those went out a long time ago.

Here's the one I had seen, but I don't think they ship to the USA and I don't think I would want to pay the postage. Probably three times the cost of the switch, but I think that it would work. http://www.thetoolboxshop.com/0-656...osition-splash-proof-rotary-switch-2359-p.asp

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow, there really exist switches for the current You like, even splash proof

as this is car equipment, most car equipment shops at Your place will be able to get them also, no need for expensive shipping costs

but will one fit into the mag?
if the threads is 12 mm diameter, the whole thing must be 45-50 mm.
:thinking:

jaygrant

Newly Enlightened
wow, there really exist switches for the current You like, even splash proof

as this is car equipment, most car equipment shops at Your place will be able to get them also, no need for expensive shipping costs

but will one fit into the mag?
if the threads is 12 mm diameter, the whole thing must be 45-50 mm.
:thinking:

I've looked in all the auto parts stores here. NADA. The photos show the size and I think it would work with the prongs bent, but not sure. Anyhow that was the type of thing I was looking for. Don't know if it's "the thing", probably not.