• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired F/S Exotic Wood Body for Surefire 6P

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
F/S Exotic Wood Body for Surefire 6P CLOSED

Closing MARCH 20, 2009

CLOSED>>>>>

I can make more of these. I have to order more bodies. If you would like one, let me know and I will order more bodies over the weekend. Bodies have been received ...

INTEREST
FlashInThePan 1 KOA or Amboyna Burl

COMPLETE
w8hf 1 KOA(18650) P/P recvd MAILED
peterthomson 1 Koa(18650) P/P recvd MAILED
naked2 1 Amboyna Burl(18650) P/P recvd MAILED
Hamheart 1 Teak,1 KOA P/P recvd MAILED
Carpe Diem 1 Desert Ironwood(18650) P/P recvd MAILED
Armed Forces 1 Desert Ironwood(18650) P/P recvd MAILED
Ramplit 1 Amboyna Burl, 1 KOA, 1 Desert Ironwood(18650) P/P recvd MAILED
HDCharlie 1 Desert Ironwood MAILED
Fireme 1 KOA(18650) MAILED
Leukos 1 Amboyna Burl MAILED

More Exotic Wood Flashlights for sale. This time for the Surefire 6P Model. I use a Solarforce L2 body that will accept an 18650 battery. I am selling only the body, nothing else. These bodies have been turned down on my lathe and then a wood covering is added. The wood starts out as a solid 1 ¼ inch square block. It is drilled out and Gorilla glued to the body. I then turn it down to match the ridges on the body, there is a slight taper. I then sand and lacquer the wood.

I wait a day and then polish and wax the lacquer. I am amazed at how the Koa looks. Highly figured Koa gives the impression you are looking ' into ' the wood. The bands change color and depth as you move the wood around, much like a hologram. Koa is a truly unique wood..

18650 body - I have an R2 LED with a large spring on the assembly. This works fine with the body bored out to 18650. The original lamp assembly has a spring with a slightly smaller diameter. This spring has to have the end bent out slightly to make a good contact with the bored out body.

Price - $40.00 for wood covering plus shipping with delivery confirmation in the US. International will be sent airmail. I will not be responsible for lost or missing shipments.

for the Amboyna burl - add $5.00
for the Koa - add $2.50
for Desert Ironwood -add $7.00 **** I increased the price by $2.00 due to the high cost of this wood

Shipping First class with delivery confirmation plus $2.50
Priority Mail with delivery confirmation plus $5.50

Paypal information sent via PM. Payment within 24 hours after a post here saying " I'll take the _____ body "

if you are interested and you have a different wood type desired - let me know. I can do other woods, I will have to order additional bodies.

There are 6P Surefires listed on ebay

The first 2 pictures are Amboyna burl

wood-5.jpg

100_3495.jpg

These pictures show the 3 I have already made up.

wood01.jpg

A slightly different view, The Koa is what I would call extremely figured, very rare. I get pieces from a woodworker in Hawaii.

wood02.jpg

Last edited:

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will, you're back in action!! How ya doin', sir??

Beautiful work - great idea to apply your skills to SureFires! :thumbsup:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks - I really enjoy making something unique with wood.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
These look nice, good work!

Is the body threaded in the middle to get the wood on in one piece?

I thought the body was one piece. The first one I did I planned on using a press fit bushing to assemble the body. I was surprised to find the body is 2 pieces threaded, then they put some adhesive on the threads ( locktite ? ) The others I saved the threaded area and worked them that way. I try to break these apart after I finish, no tools used, just by hand. I would not run over these with a car.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
The original three are all sold at this time. I can make more, I have to order additional bodies. If you would like to order one, please let me know. The bodies take about a week to get and I can order over the weekend. No paypal until I actually make these and they are ready to ship.

thanks so much for your interest in these.

will

HDCharlie

Newly Enlightened
PM sent

I'm surprised - I thought the Koa would go first...

This is for a shooting partner of mine. His favorite wood grips for his 1911s are all Cocobolo, so. When you have more ready, I would like one of Amboyna burl for myself, unless you decide to make one from Desert Ironwood, my favorite.

These bodies are the coolest things I have ever seen. Almost makes a common flashlight into a piece of fine jewelry. :thumbsup:

Edit: Make mine 18650, please.

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I know why some people reserve the second post. I'll add an 'INTEREST' list in the first post.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
The burl is beautiful, nice work! :thumbsup: This is a great idea to counter the cold metal problem for flashlights during winter as well as add the gentleman look. Very nice.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something I just discovered about the body being bored out to accept an 18650 battery

18650 body - I have an R2 LED with a large spring on the assembly. This works fine with the body bored out to 18650. The original Surefire lamp assembly has a spring with a slightly smaller diameter. This spring has to have the end bent out slightly to make a good contact with the bored out body. The lamp assembly makes contact with the body through this spring. This fix is very easy to do and took me less than a minute to do.

just be aware of this...

HDCharlie

Newly Enlightened
Solarforce also offers an L2 body that accepts 123As only, no 18650s. Maybe you could offer either one and cover all the bases. Don't mean to complicate things for you and your method would work.

Something I just discovered about the body being bored out to accept an 18650 battery

18650 body - I have an R2 LED with a large spring on the assembly. This works fine with the body bored out to 18650. The original Surefire lamp assembly has a spring with a slightly smaller diameter. This spring has to have the end bent out slightly to make a good contact with the bored out body. The lamp assembly makes contact with the body through this spring. This fix is very easy to do and took me less than a minute to do.

just be aware of this...