• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Withdrawn : McGizmo bead blasted Ti piston with tritium vial

Status
Not open for further replies.

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

WITHDRAWN, now included in this offer bead blasted titanium piston from McGizmo, with an ice blue tritium vial installed with Norland 61. :naughty:

The piston has been buffed/polished before bead blasting, so it has rounded edges, as seen on the pictures. Fine glass beads was used, the result is a soft satin finish. The piston has a pristine finish. There is a minuscule bubble right next to the vial, unnoticable in normal observation, but you can see it if you're looking for it.

I need to mention here that the spring is missing. I removed it before bead blasting and... lost it since. :ohgeez: So you'll need to provide one yourself as well as an o-ring.

Pictures of the actual piston :
img5267wx5.jpg

img5269yj1.jpg

Give a new look to your McGizmo piston drive!

Price is WITHDRAWN shipped internationnal using standard airmail. Not trackable and not insured. I won't be held responsible for lost/damaged/stolen during it's journey. I should be able to ship the piston within two days once payment is received. I need the cash so the sale will be final.

First "I'll take it" followed by payment to : aoc.paypal (at) gmail (dot) com gets it.

Questions or PM are welcome but "I'll take it" give priority. An "I'll take it" is a commitment to buy so please don't withdraw afterwards!

Cheers everyone and thanks for looking :wave:

Last edited:

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS : McGizmo bead blasted Ti piston with tritium vial

Post edited to remove Add 4% if using cc-paypal.
I'll eat the PP-fees...

Elmie

Enlightened

The piston is Ti?

I was always under the impression that it was brass with plated nickel.

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast

The piston is Ti?

I was always under the impression that it was brass with plated nickel.

The piston is titanium on McGizmo titanium lights. It wasn't in the older aluminium McLuxIII for example...

This one is titanium. :rolleyes:

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just curoius, what did you put in its place? I have been thinking about making a new piston for my PD that will have a 3/8'' x 1/8" rare earth magnet where the trit is.

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well... I put another piston. :thinking:

In fact I polished this piston but couldn't find the proper tool to achieve a mirror polish and the half polish finish I had looked crappy. So I got a new piston from Don.

Afterwards I bought what's needed to do some bead blasting jobs :)

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast

Price dropped again and :bump:

Just for information : I am selling the piston at lost and that's without the blue trit vial installation and BB finish :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.