weaponlight the size of a Z2?

hoe the pig

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a wepon light that will fit in my long-gun. The mount that I already have is shown here http://www.commandarms.com/product.asp?pID=225&cID=12 I have a Z2 in it right now, and it fits with about 1/4 of an inch of clearance. I have a p61 bulb in the Z2, but I am looking for something a little brighter with more throw. The light must have a depress/momentary switch on the back much like the surefires to be compatible. Any help is appreciated.

mdocod

Flashaholic
Hello hoe the pig!

Welcome to CPF :)

You might consider keeping the Z2, and just upgrading the output via an LED drop-in, or turbo-head (if it will fit), and possibly a different battery configuration..

Since this is mounted on a weapon, I highly suggest considering a good LED drop-in module, as they will have better reliability. Recoil is hard on bulb filaments.

One of the most popular upgrades around here is to simply drop in a MalkOff M60 LED module. It has been independently tested to deliver well over 200 lumen, and it will run for almost 2 hours on good quality CR123s.

-------

If runtime isn't important to you, and you want to stick with an incandescent module, you might consider upgrading to a LumensFactory IMR-9 bulb and a pair of IMR16340 cells. This is a more advanced option that requires a dedicated li-ion cell charger, and proper understanding of how to use the cells. Runtime would be ~12 minutes, (not much worse than your P61 anyways), but the output would be around double, combined with a more concentrated beam profile.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ditto on using your Z2 as a handheld light...I'd get a G2/G2L for $36/$65, and keep the Z2 in my pocket. I like this grip though...I could keep my white light in the main comp. and throw a G2L with red filter on one of the side mounts! :welcome: BTW!

nzgunnie

Enlightened
The weapon light that is the closest to the Z2 in form is the Surefire 660 classic reapon light.

If you want a brighter set up, you can go for the 9V version of this light, which is the same basic set up, but comes with the L90 adapter. in this you can run the P91.

Both have a Z32 shock isolated bezel, and come with the XM07 tailcap which has both the tape switch and a push putton switch, although you can use any surefire C/P series tailcap like the Z41 you have on your Z2.

If you want to go LED, a SF 660 and a Malkof M60 would be a great set up.

Youfoundnemo

Enlightened
I think a 660 would be the closest thing, although Im sure you could put a pressure switch and a shock isolated bezel on the z2 you have and make it work

hoe the pig

Newly Enlightened
Thanks a bunch everyone. I went with a drop in to try to get a little more light out of it. I Think I am going to leave the current light for the simple fact that I know it works and fits. With my line of work reliability is key.