Maglite shotgun?

arioch

Enlightened
Just saw this on the Strategos Forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

(Picture's not coming out right with my URL).

Kind of worrisome ... if it starts selling on the streets in any significant numbers, or if anyone gets shot with one, will it open the door for nervous LEO's or civilians shooting at people carrying Maglites at night, particularly some of our "modded" out Mags?

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a little disconcerting. It's like having a penlight (Stylus) that's a single shot, modded saturday night special...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

How much more fuel can you give to gun safety advocates if a kid playing with a "flashlight" accidently shoots himself or others...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen all sorts of "improvised" firearms with a similar concept. In most states they are illegal, and tough to get.

I wouldn't worry about it soiling the flashlight hobby...

--dan

arioch

Enlightened
Dano:

I've also seen stuff on so-called "zip" guns, and other types of improvised weapons using pens, pipes, and other everyday items. Just seeing the Maglite in that configuration was somewhat of a shocker, though.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Wonder if this is an authorized Maglite modification; if not, the Maglite attorneys might finally have a worthwhile subject for a lawsuit. If Maglite did authorize them, I would question their judgement.

holtz58

Newly Enlightened
WOW I am going to get this for my wife for her birthday. I will tell her to see how bright it is she must shine it in her eyes and press the special button. hehehehe

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif
fc28567b.gif

fc28567a.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
holtz58 said:
WOW I am going to get this for my wife for her birthday. I will tell her to see how bright it is she must shine it in her eyes and press the special button. hehehehe

[/ QUOTE ]

NOT funny... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
If you are serious, try it yourself first... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
relax its just a joke...morbid, but a joke nonetheless /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

arioch

Enlightened
Although I started this thread on a semi-serious subject, I recognize that holtz58's post was probably a joke (not the funniest, particularly out of context). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

However, if you had seen the apparent design of the Mag/gun, and looked at holtz's specific words, you would realize that if he was standing in front of his wife when she "looked into the light and pressed the button", he would in fact be getting the business end of the joke.

That being said, in this day where people are running around in buildings opening fire (including a random shooting in an airport on the island of Kauai here), people shooting people jokes have worn rather thin, IMHO (Osama Bin Laden and Sadaam Hussein excluded, of course). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
These contraptions are more than likely already Federally illegal to purchase or own without a FFL or quite possibly even a Class III license. There are already laws in place that prohibit ownership of firearms such as Pen Guns (tear gas and projectile) and pocketable items altered to fire ammunition, most of these laws have been in place since the late '60's. At least they won't be availiable to those of us who respect and follow the law. They won't be availiable to criminals through legitimate purchase either. This was probably made by a small arms custom shop to show off and will be availiable to collectors and law enforcement who possess the proper liscensing. Everyone should calm down and try to take a more objective look at these things before they start postulating like the media.

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
FalconFX said:
How much more fuel can you give to gun safety advocates if a kid playing with a "flashlight" accidently shoots himself or others...

[/ QUOTE ]
What's wrong with advocating gun safety? And why did the moron of a gun owner leave a firearm where his kid could get to it and accidentally express his Second Amendment rights?

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Re: Maglite shotgun AND pistol!!!?

Did you guys see these? Made and sold by/at the same place.

They're a mini-mag with a .308 ACP in the end. Looks like they replace the space of one AA for the "gun"... Good idea (in the engineering sense, not necessarily common sense though) on one hand, but could be bad news on the other. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

BTW holtz58, I think your "joke" was uncalled for.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Alaric Darconville said:
What's wrong with advocating gun safety? And why did the moron of a gun owner leave a firearm where his kid could get to it and accidentally express his Second Amendment rights?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because any advocator of gun safety's also branded a gun controller...

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
I disagree Falcon! I think that everyone should be educated about how to safely handle a firearm, and I am staunchly against gun control. You won't be taking MY guns away!!! Gun safety and gun control are two different things! It's the *&#%! lack of firearm education in this country and the *%$#@! liberal media that has gotten gun control to where it's at today!

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, but unless I see something at schools teaching kids about gun safety, some stupid parents will never be able to keep their guns out of someone else's hands...

-----------------------------

Back on T:
Kind'a makes you wonder why that site disabled its right click to save the pic... At least they didn't have it on sale...

Billmanweh

Newly Enlightened
the flashlight shotgun wouldn't be "illegal" (except in places that don't allow Title II items), but would be classified as a AOW and you'd have to fill out the same paperwork as if you were buying a machine gun or suppressor and then pay a $5 federal tax...

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Holtz58's joke was sort of not funny, but I am glad that he has the right to express himself (First Ammendment). The same people that are going after our guns are the same people who are going after us because we may not be politically correct in our expressions. This is not to offend those people who think Holtz58's joke is off color, they too have a right to express themselves. It is when political correctness gets us in jail, or can get us into jail, or serious trouble, that bothers me. By the way, I like guns, and always try to practice safety with them. The mag gun is in the same class as the zip gun, higher grade, and probably will be no threat to our Second Ammendment rights.

ewick

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
FalconFX said:
Sorry, but unless I see something at schools teaching kids about gun safety, some stupid parents will never be able to keep their guns out of someone else's hands...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it the school system's responsibility? What happened to parental responsibility? Do you mean that even though a teacher can't remove a disruptive student from class, they're still responsible for teaching proper weapon-handling procedures?

I know the school system does in fact teach kids about things like drug use and teenage pregnancy...

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ewick, Am I supposed to believe parents can keep their kids in check? That's been doing wonders so far.

[Deleted]

Schools aren't supposed to teach kids gun safety?

Sorry, but when schools stopped teaching kids the pledge of allegience or basical morals of behavior in elementary, it all went downhill... Teachers need to play a bigger role in students lives than to be just babysitters. That includes teaching kids early on in life the dos and don'ts of guns...

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Sorry, OT again. Gotta agree with Falcon that there are just some parents who are too stupid to keep their gun safely away from children, and don't have the brain cells to teach them the proper safety.

Back on topic. This isn't an illegal weapon in a lot of places, however it could easily be considered a "concealed" weapon if you were caught with it and didn't have a concealed carry permit. I am gueesing this thread will end up in the Cafe.