Dorcy 220 Lumen or Tiablo A9?

farmer17

Newly Enlightened
Wanting a long throwing rechargeable light that is not too big. I love my Husky 2D tactical but thought I might try a Dorcy 220 Lumen from Sears or the Tiablo A9 from DX. Which one would you recommend or are there other lights under 50 bucks that might be a better choice?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Wanting a long throwing rechargeable light that is not too big. I love my Husky 2D tactical but thought I might try a Dorcy 220 Lumen from Sears or the Tiablo A9 from DX. Which one would you recommend or are there other lights under 50 bucks that might be a better choice?

Which one would I recommend??

The Dorcy from Sears. Why?? Cause the last time I checked, the A9 models from DX are FAKE!

Check out the link below:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/209746

If you're willing to spend more than $50, I recommend a real Tiablo A9. (Mine is just plain SWEET)!

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which one would I recommend??

The Dorcy from Sears. Why?? Cause the last time I checked, the A9 models from DX are FAKE!

Check out the link below:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/209746

If you're willing to spend more than $50, I recommend a real Tiablo A9. (Mine is just plain SWEET)!

4 fakes in a row? That theread just made me laugh seeing how they blame each other.

So you know if the ones sold at KD are REAL? They say "New version" and looking at the pics they seem to be legit. Double o-ring, same space between fins, no exposed soldering, everything looks real exept by the non anodized thread.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
4 fakes in a row? That theread just made me laugh seeing how they blame each other.

So you know if the ones sold at KD are REAL? They say "New version" and looking at the pics they seem to be legit. Double o-ring, same space between fins, no exposed soldering, everything looks real exept by the non anodized thread.

If it's the same too-good-to-be-true price that DX was offering, I have serious doubts that the "New Version" is also a real version.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as I know, the A9s that KD sells are not as cheap as the fakes from DX...but it's probably fair to think that they both get flashlights from the same "supplier".

Here in the US for under $50, my vote goes to Shiningbeam's MG RX-1 flashlight. You still need to go out and get some 18650 rechargeable batteries and a charger, but that should be easy to get from many places.

alohaluau

Newly Enlightened
I know DX can't get the legit ones at the price they are currently advertising :thinking:, I did score three genuine ones when they were at $54.99.

The ones on KD looks like they are from the new batch, Tiablo has changed all the boxes and added a guarantee card from mid December onwards.

My Tiablo A10 came with the same kind of box with the red inserts. Love my A10!!! :grin2:

Dunno much about the Dorcy 220, we don't get that flashlight model in Oz.

Cheers,
Luau

js-lots

Newly Enlightened
I bought my tiablo a9 from kit-tronics. It is the real deal. A great thrower. Also own the op reflector for it as well.

UpChUcK

Enlightened
Which one would you recommend or are there other lights under 50 bucks that might be a better choice?

I have both and like the Tiablo (mine is real) better. It is smaller, lighter, higher quality, HA-III anodized, better sealed, regulated (although not as well on 18650's as 2x123), and has longer runtime. Output and throw is very close but the beam is nicer on the A9. I'm getting some NiMh (4 x 2/3A cells) stick packs so runtime should theoretically double as the included NiCad pack on the Dorcy is only 700mAh while the NiMh pack is 1500mAh (Elite 1500 from cheapbatterypacks.com. Still, I like the Dorcy 220 Lumen Rechargable a lot and wouldn't hesitaate to use it after I get the NiMh packs.

BTW, my A9 was $60 (+ $5-8 for 18650 cells) and I'll pay $70 in the end with 2 NiMh packs for the Dorcy. So for me, the price is a wash but not under $50.

Last edited: