Problem with cold Nitecore EX10

sbrody

Newly Enlightened
is anyone else having problems with the cold weather and your nitecore ex10 or d10? my ex10 will not turn on. i think it is because of the cold weather. i work outside and inside a refrigerated trailer so my light is always cold. it kind of feels like the switch wont push all the way to make contact. maybe the blue goo isnt the right viscosity for cold? any thoughts or solutions? thanks.

deranged_coder

Enlightened
Well, you can try taking the light apart, cleaning and then re-lubing it with a lighter lubricant. Hopefully that'll help.

I live in California so what I consider as "cold" probably isn't the same as your definition of "cold". ;)

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
How cold is cold? I know some parts of the country were at like -20 or -40F. I don't think my freezer can go that cold so it would be hard to test my EX10. :)

sbrody

Newly Enlightened
its supposed to reach 0 degrees tonight. last night it was around 5 degrees. i dont think its the switch or lube or even the cold for that matter. my bad. im going to attempt to take it apart to see what happens. when i unscrew the head and retighten, it will flash on for a sec but wont stay on. im not sure what the problem is.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haven't had any problems so far. I actually just used mine last night walking my dog and it was -15 degrees C. Hope you get it sorted out.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
wear it around your neck, inside your shirt = warm?

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Havent had a problem with mine since the day i got it......its 17 degress here now and sometimes i leave the light in the car but it alway has turned on. I would clean all that blue gunk off and make sure that your using a fresh batt.

2manybikes

Newly Enlightened
is anyone else having problems with the cold weather and your nitecore ex10 or d10? my ex10 will not turn on. i think it is because of the cold weather. i work outside and inside a refrigerated trailer so my light is always cold. it kind of feels like the switch wont push all the way to make contact. maybe the blue goo isnt the right viscosity for cold? any thoughts or solutions? thanks.

Most grease does get stiffer in the cold. Try cleaning it and put just a tiny bit of grease on the "o" ring. If it's cold enough the battery won't work.
How cold is it?